Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 7 March 2019

Dawn chorus!

Hi everyone, there's been a change in the weather lately - lots of rain today! We both had dental appointments this morning and as the Dentists is quite close to the Trafford Centre where we occasionally go to Silver Screen viewings at the Odeon cinema (I think I may have mentioned - they are for 'the older generation' and it costs £3 each and includes a hot drink and a biscuit, or if we are lucky we can buy a cake for a small donation to charity)so we decided to go!
We had just had lunch and a coffee so passed on the refreshments today....just as well as the cinema was nearly full - the film was Stan and Ollie and it was the first SS showing so quite busy! We had missed this when it was on general release a few weeks ago and I am so glad we got to see it! We have several Laurel and Hardy films on DVD which we have enjoyed watching - they don't get shown much on TV these days.
The film is about the end of their careers which was in the UK and was very funny in parts and sad in others, a very watchable film!

When I got home I completed a page for Art Journal Journey that I started last night! 
Jo's theme is 'Hello Spring' and my page is about the birds I have been hearing on those early mornings when the sun has been rising, although the blackbird at about 5a.m. is a bit too early!! 
  The page started like this
A little bit of brayer cleaning, and some stencilling through two different stencils...and after that I forgot to take photos!!!

I added smudgy circle of blue paint over the sun with a baby wipe. The blossom trees are a mixture of finger painting, wooden stick, and some stippling with shades of pink and green and I added some flowers on the bottom the same way.

I decide to lighten the blue by lightly brayering some white paint which accidentally picked up some of the still wet pink paint so we have falling blossom there too!

I stamped the Crafty Individuals bird designed by Maria Kitano in black onto the page and then stamped and fussy cut the bird onto white and coloured it with distress markers.
The berries were coloured white with a gel pen and I painted the branch with some watered down gold paint.

I searched for some words and found just the thing but unfortunately can't find the packaging so can't credit it!

I would like to enter at:-

Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - 'Whatever the Weather'
Simon Says Wednesday challenge - Create a Scene
Craft Stamper Magazine - Take It Make it March challenge
Moo Mania and More - 'Close to Nature'


Thanks for looking, Chris

   

21 comments:

Gerrina said...

Your page is beautiful! I kept on looking at all the subtile details in the background and the grest colours of the bird!

Helen said...

I like Oliver and Hardy, but not not not a fan of Steve Coogan in any role, so it has really put me off, although i have seen reviews of other people who feel the same, saying how good it is(regardless lol!) Glad you enjoyed it.
Great page, love the blue circle over your background.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think I've heard of Stan and Ollie, but I wouldn't know who they were if they walked in my house! Glad you enjoyed the film.

Your little birdie is adorable, and I am in awe of the way you highlighted the bird with the blue background. It's a gorgeous entry, Chris, and just perfect for Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Annie said...

A stunning page Chris x I adore the background and that beautiful bird x Like you I have noticed the birds are singing and I love it xx

Have a lovely weekend
Annie xx

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful page - my gosh! This is simply amazing and you make me happy to join Art Journal Journey and Moo Mania & More with this gorgeous entry. Thank you very much !
Happy weekend dear Chris!
I love Stan and Ollie films as well adn also the series - we had a kind of retrospective programme two months ago or so and hubby an I laughed a lot - I haven't seen the whole films yet and these films were simply amazing!!!
Big hugs, Susi

Rita said...

What a beautiful journal page Chris. Yes, spring is on its way and birds are singing, plant too are showing their heads again too. Love Spring and all the beauty it brings. Hope your both well. Hugs Rita xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Sounds like you had a good day out at the cinema, £3 is something not to be missed especially to see the new Laurel and Hardy film 😁. Your page is so beautiful! I love the little bird, he has so much character and is perfectly framed with the blue sky and foliage 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey! Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

Cath Wilson said...

This is beautiful, Chris. You and Yvonne have blogged similar things - spooky! Nothing nicer than a dawn chorus, though - I once stayed awake reading, then sat outside at 3am just to listen. It is one of the most memorable moments of my life!
Cath x

Divers and Sundry said...

Beautiful page, and it makes me hopeful the spring sunshine and birdsongs will be here soon. I haven't seen Stan and Ollie yet but look forward to it. I've read some positive reviews.

Lenie said...

Your page is so beautiful! Real springtime. Love it!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful artwork page.

Rita said...

I haven't seen Laurel and Hardy for years! Such fun!

Pretty page. :)

Gillena Cox said...

Nice journal page. Thanks for outlining the process

Much🕊love

My name is Erika. said...

I haven't been to any movie for quite a while, but Laurel and Hardy must be really fun to see. And I love the spring journal page. The birds have been singing a lot here even though it has been very cold for March. But so wonderful to hear those birds, and you really made a beautiful singing bird page. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

Rosie said...

A gorgeous page, Chris

Thank you so much for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

craftytrog said...

It's a gorgeous page Chris! I love the birdy!
Happy Sunday,
Alison x

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your gorgeous creation! The images and colors are fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Mrs.B said...

A lovely page Chris, love the bird.
Avril xx

Linda said...

Beautiful art journal page. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Misty Elam said...

What a beautiful design. I like how you accentuated the bird as the focal point with the circle over the sunrays. Oh I love that sentiment too, it's so perfect!

Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Misty