Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 4 March 2019

T Stands for taking it easy....

I mentioned in my previous post that we have been up to our caravan.
We actually went up on Wednesday evening after going out with friends for a meal. Hubby figured that we were already on our way and that driving back home would be going back on ourselves so we packed a few things and took them with us. We arrived to a cold caravan around 11.00pm but with the heating on straight away it had warmed up enough by the time we had a drink and watched a little bit of TV.
This meant we had a full day more than we often have. We decided on a visit to Kendal - rain was forecast but we didn't intend walking much, especially after our big walk last week, which incidentally had left me just a little bit achey!
I wanted to visit Alfie the dog and lovely Pandy who has recently changed the direction of her business. 
The has some fabrics - some nice kits too, and lots of lovely wool but best of all are her products for dogs! 
This is one of the best ideas I have seen - makes me wish I had a dog!(although I would really prefer a cat!!!)
She is starting to make larger bags and also makes healthy dog food -you can find her website here .
I spotted some wool while I was there and she kindly pointed out some of the sale items she was selling off to make room in her small shop
 So, what did I buy? Not as much as I would have liked but I did get  a few stamps and an angel.
I was drawn to this multi colour wool to knit a shawlette....sometime...
We had a little potter around the shops and had some lunch and just as we set off back it started to rain!

The next day we were up early and set off to Keswick. It wasn't brilliant weather but was quite warm and we arrived at the Pencil Museum just in time for a coffee.
Of course this is the time to pop in at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog 'The Altered Booklover' for Tea Stands for Tuesday

By this time hubby had drunk his hot chocolate and gone to look at pencils etc. I enjoyed watching the technique videos that were showing on a screen...yes I did stage this so that you can see the cushion, they are scattered all around the cafe area that adjoins the shop. 
We decided to wait to buy anything as we were parked in the car park nearby and would return this way.
We walked into the town centre, looked in the bookshop and a couple more shops and went to look at some of the older buildings.
As we looked around I spotted a sign 'Up to 50% off sale' in the window of Seasalt, not a place I buy much in as it is quite expensive, but with a chance of money off thought it worth a visit...result....
Hubby bought me the navy one at 50% off and I got a good reduction of a over a third off the stripy one...and have you noticed something?
We walked back to the river and the Pencil Museum..
 This where I spotted Hawthorn - I am sure we had to wait until the middle of March last year before even the smallest shoots appeared 

The sun was trying to shine through the clouds.
So what did I buy here?
I just couldn't resist the Inktense paints and I wanted to try the new Lightfast pencils so bought three shades of brown - you will find why on the 1st of April when Crafty Individuals new Maria Kitano stamps are released on Hochanda - the new stamps are all fabulous - no more clues yet!!!!
I decided to buy some graphite coloured line makers too at a bargain price.
Hubby treated himself to a new Calligraphy practice book and some pens.
We called at a supermarket on the way back and while waiting at the traffic lights I saw this...
...lovely blossom and...bluebell leaves growing quite big already!!!
 The next morning was quite cloudy when suddenly I spotted this - one small area lit by the sun and then moving across to the row of trees!
We had intermittent sun all morning so we went off to Leighton Moss RSPB for a little walk and to buy some more bird food!
Just as we got back to the caravan it poured! 
An ideal afternoon to re-watch Willow on TV.

I also have my Calendar Journal pages ready.
Feeling lazy, my knee was hurting, I decided to use my new Inktense paints to make a background and then drew some trailing flowers and painted those too! I used printer paper and punched the squares and wrote 'March'I am making this my second entry at Art Journal Journey and Jo's 'Hello Spring' theme
 Last month was a busy one and I used Crafty Individuals and Paper Artsy stamps to decorate my pages

So that's it, it looks as though we did a lot but the best thing was taking our time and enjoying each other's company - we had several stops for refreshments - a couple of which I have saved for another T Day!  

Finally I have to apologise if it looks as though I didn't visit last week - I found that quite a lot of my comments went missing(not just on T posts)- I will check when I visit this time!!

I'll be back in a few hours with something for Try It On Tuesday's new theme

Thanks for looking, Chris


25 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Sounds like you both had some fun. I would have enjoyed the pencil factory, and I always love a really big sale-you did good!
it has been too cold here for spring to appear but I enjoyed yours.
Love your calendar pages.
Happy T hugs Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

You've had a busy week but it sounds like a good one. I could enjoy a week like that. I am curious about the pencil factory. I think you have posted about it before, if I remember correctly. Hope you have a wonderful T day and week ahead. Hugs-Erika

Brenda Brown said...

What a great time you had with lovely places to visit and bargains to buy and your calendar for March is off to a fabulous start with those gorgeous flowers you painted. Enjoy the rest of the week xxx

Helen said...

Your calendar pages look great - February was packed! I enjoyed the pencil cushions and the photos from your walks. Always good to grab bargains, too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That pencil museum is wonderful. If memory serves me, they had a flood a couple of years ago and most everything was ruined when the muddy rain came in their shop. It is a beautiful place now, and those pillows are incredible.

Lovely walk and great bargains, too. I can't wear strips because I am so short. Looks like you had a very productive time while at the caravan this time.

Your latest calendar pages are beautiful and your use of your new pencils and colors make it even better. Thanks for sharing these pages at Art Journal Journey featuring Jo's theme.

I had to laugh at the empty hot chocolate cup. Looks like he got into the Pencil museum as much as you. Thanks for sharing this place and his cup with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

Valerie-Jael said...

What a lovely post. You had a good outing, saw lots of beauty, and got some great bargains. Those paints look great, too. I still use the water colours from Winsor and Newton, I have had the box since I was a kid and just buy new ones every so often. Beautiful calendar pages, have fun filling them! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a super post Chris, what a super shop that looks and so good to see the owner changing direction of what wares they sell. That's dedication to the customer. I will have to check out the website.
Is that pencil museum the one with the HUGE pencil?? Your hubby is so good to take in your interests too, mine just nods with a *That's nice* at the end of it, i'm not sure he'd want to take in a museum with me (although i'm not sure I would want him too hee hee!)
You will have great fun with those inktense pans, they are fab as a travelling set and full of versatility which you will discover for yourself i'm sure.
Your February calendar was full to the brim, glad you took an extra day this month to chill before you made a start.
Welcome to March and all the loveliness it will bring.
Hugs Tracey xx

johanna said...

you have a wonderful life being so much on tour with your hubby! i really would be interested in that pencil museum, too! i have derwent inktense colors, too - actually their big box of block colors were an retirement gift from my collegues a few years back. i just love them and i´m sure they will last my lifetime! good you made some bargains this day:) happy t-day!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful photos and artwork. Looks like you had fun while shopping. I like the orange stripes on that cafe. Happy T-Day and Mardi Gras!

froebelsternchen said...

OMG - what an amazing posting Chris! You are such a lucky woman to have such a fancy live ... loved to visit with you those fantastic inspiring places. Great to see the Derwent Museum again.... fabulous!
And the wool goes perfectly with the new shirt - yeah!

Love your calendar pages- the filled ones and the to be filled ones ---you are blessed by the muse in so many ways --- ♥♥♥
Have a fantastic week , a happy T-Day and thanks bunches for another wonderful support of Jo's theme at AJJ!

Big, big hugs, Susi

Neet said...

Love the "Walkies" collection - what a great idea - I do hope she sells lots.
Do you know Chris, I have never been to the Pencil Museum - somewhere I intend to visit as soon as I can. Mind you I guess I need to save up some pennies for the trip as I will no doubt be drawn (no pun intended) into spending.
Love your diary page.
Hugs, Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, you really have been having so much fun of late out and about! Your post is fantastic and I enjoyed visiting the museum and the shops with you, so nice to be treated to all those goodies too! I loved your photos especially the robin - wonderful 😁. Your Springtime calender pages look beautiful with the soft coloured background and pretty flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey and sending you happy T Day wishes! J 😊 x
p.s. I know you'll be busy planning for your travels now but one of the times you are over this way and you have some time to spare maybe we could meet up? Love Jo x

J said...

Hi Chris, I thought I would post a comment from my computer rather than my ipad, it very often doesn't let me post on your blog, who knows why!!
We loved our touring caravan although we never went to the Lake District, usually Derbyshire or the Peak district with living in Nottingham.
I love your art journal, it's so pretty and the wool is a lovely mixture of colours.
Enjoy your week
Jan no 16

Linda Kunsman said...

what a perfectly lovely way to spend time -shopping, walking, sightseeing, and refreshments! You really chose some wonderful things- and a bargain is always a bonus. Enjoy, and happy T day!

Meggymay said...

A lovely post and great photos to show us what you have been doing this past week. The sun across the open country side is a great photo. It sounds like you had some successful shopping days as well. The wool and the sweater was that a happy accident or do I think they may be favourite colours of yours.
Happy T day wishes Chris.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

It sounds like an enjoyable trip, and I think the pencil museum would've been the highlight for me. Happy T Tuesday!

Lisca said...

What a lovely few days away you have had. I can sort of imazgine it as we have holidayd in Keswick many times and have visited Kendal from there. We have been there on walking holidays as well as Christian conferences. A Beautiful place.
Your photo of the sun over the countryside is spectacular.
The doggie accessory place intrigues me, even if i don't have a dog either.
Sounds like you bought quite a lot of stuff. Lucky you, getting so many bargains.
Your calendar journal looks really lovely. What a good idea.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Kate Yetter said...

Looks like a great couple of days. That shop with all the pretty yarns looks like a wonderful place to browse as well as to get inspiration.
And I have never been to a pencil museum but WOW, that looks like fun. Looks like you walked away with some wonderful goodies.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Eileen Bergen said...

Pandy's shop is adorable and her "walkies collection" is sheer genius! How nice to have an extra day at the caravan and avoid some of the driving.

You have so many neat places to visit in your area. It sounds like a fun day of shopping and browsing. You really have me curious about the new Maria Kitano stamps. We have to wait until April to learn more?!

Gorgeous calendar spreads. I'm not sure which one I like best, so It's a tie.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Sharon Madson said...

What a great day you had! I would have bought the paints and markers, too! :)
Happy T Day!

Mrs.B said...

A great post Chris, glad the weather didn't spoil your time away, Loved the photos.
Avril xx

Dianne said...

you never disappoint with your fun photos! love it all, and totally understand why you couldn't pass up the Derwent and pens! interested to see what you make with the adorable mouse stamp...happy T day!

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a fun trip! I'd love to visit the Pencil Museum. I just learned the building is painted like one of their drawing pencils. The yarn you bought matches so well with your striped bag. Serendipity!What did you think of the Inkense paints? I have a small set of the Inktense pencils. I love the picture you took of the robin. A little different looking than the one here. It's typically the first sign of Spring so that little fellow made me very happy. Your calendar pages are so neat and orderly and I'm looking forward to April to see what you will do with 3 shades of brown pencils. Happy T Day

Cath Wilson said...

Love your calendar pages, Chris - so nature inspired.
Beautiful photos, too :-)
Cath x

Little Artbee said...

Hello dear Chris, thanks for the little journey with you. Not fine weather but you have had nonetheless fun with shopping nice things and enjoying coffee and others. The wool fits perfect to your new pullovers and now you must quick knit a nice scarf. The Pillows at the Museum look wonderful artsy and I would like to own one. ;)
Your Journal pafes are also well done.
Happy creative March.
Hugs
Sabine