Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 4 March 2019

I thought it was........

Hi everyone, we have just returned from a few days at our caravan, we had some walks, some retail therapy and some relaxing watching some DVDs. All will revealed in my TSFT post!!
I did have strange discovery while away though - just as I thought I was catching up with blogs and comments it seems that a lot of my comments didn't publish
After a wet and windy time yesterday I guess the Spring weather we had last week was a false start!!
The flowers that are blooming now are wonderful though and I must say I was quite excited to see Hawthorn hedges turning green!

I made a collage page starting with a magazine image of seedlings in pots - I don't do much of this myself but I remember pots and pots being prepared by my Mum whose birthday would have been on the first day of Spring - not the weather forecasters Spring date of 1st March, but 21st March.


I looked through my scraps and found the title, also from a magazine, which set me thinking what would I like to find in a secret garden so here you see a bee, a ladybird, a butterfly to represent my favourite insects(I would also like some spiders but none to be found in my scraps!)I added a Hoopoe flying up to the red moon and an Owl sitting in front of it. My SIL and hubby have occasionally have hoopoes in the garden and I love to see them!
There is also a colourful bird to represent any number of colourful birds(and those that are not so colourful), I doodled lots of little flowers around the page too. The leaf over the postage stamp represents shade - I love sunny days but prefer to be in the shade looking out at the garden. Finally I added a 'Fairy' courtesy of a scrap of Jane Davenport washi tape - there would just have to be fairies in my secret garden!

I am later than intended in joining in with Jo's new theme 'Hello Springtime' at Art Journal Journey. 
The new plants in these pots are definitely saying "Hello", as are the many plants appearing earlier than usual this year!

Thanks for looking, Chris

12 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great collage. This definitely says Spring. (Now if it would only get here. I got more snow.)

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page Chris. Wild and wet hers, too, but the flowers and trees seem to be enjoying it. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

This collage is precious! Gorgeous Chris! You have such a hand to find all the perfect scraps and little details to make it so specially beautiful!
Wonderful to welcome spring...
Happy evening and I am looking forward to tomorrow's photos of you!
Thank you very much for yet another amazing entry linked to Jo's theme!

Big hugs, Susi

Helen said...

yesterday was just awful down here, too. today, better. I hope that the wind yesterday didn't blow all the blossom off the trees at Kew, it was so beautiful on Saturday!
This is a great page, but what on earth is a hoopoe?! a bird I have never heard of.

kathyinozarks said...

I love your collage very much-I am soooo ready for spring to arrive and stay

Let's Art Journal said...

This is a magical page! It's a beautiful tribute to your dear mum and I love all the pots of plants saying hello at springtime - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey! J 😊 x

Helen said...

came back to thank you (a) for the comments and (b) for the info on the bird and the spiders nest. yes, you'd love the orchid display (if you do it next year, get there early!)

Meggymay said...

I love your secret garden collage Chris, its a fantastic page.
It sounds like you had a good time away in the caravan.
Yvonne xx

Dora said...

Awesome collage.

Neet said...

A great collage Chris and one which makes one certainly think of Spring when pots are starting to bloom. Mind you with the weather we had the other week things are a little ahead this year. Love all the spring-like things you have included in your collage.
Hugs, Neet xx

Lenie said...

Beautiful collage!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Not sure how I missed this beauty, but t certainly looks like a secret garden to me It is a beautiful entry and I adore the birds and how you grounded the on on the table. Very clever. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey, dear Chris.