Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 29 May 2022

Wings and gardens!

Hi everyone, it's quite a cool day today but that's okay. Instead of walking by the river to a local makers market we decided to finish last weeks Wanderlust page. We started it later in the week - having missed out two that didn't appeal to us (we may go back some time and take another look)

I love Laly Mille's art so enjoyed the process, and as my mojo seems to be wandering in and out of my craft room it was good to follow some guidelines!


 I was a bit heavy handed with the paint but remedied it by adding some washi tape images.

The owl was from 'Breathe' a favourite magazine of mine and the words are both Tim Holtz stickers.

I am going to share this page at Art Journal Journey and Matilde's 'Birds' theme

Hubby's page is much brighter and while there are no birds, the three figures wearing feathers. There are also feathers on his background along with the nest full of eggs.

We had little trip to RHS Bridgwater last week - we dodged the showers but really enjoyed seeing the progress in the gardens.


















Thanks for looking, Chris

6 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I love the owl flying out of your page. It is an amazing place to put her. And I like all the boxes in your background. I still enjoy seeing both your and your husband's pages. That is one thing I miss from live classes. It is always fascinating to see where people go with their pages. And RHS Bridgwater has beautiful gardens. My alliums are blooming too, and they really are lovely. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

both you and hubby's pages are fabulous - very evocative of Laly Mille! -just beautiful.

I love the photos from RHS Bridgewater too, the colours - pinks and purples - in the first few are gorgeous. It's settling in well after a year.

Rita said...

Grand Wanderlust pages!
Beautiful gardens. Always love you taking us with on your excursions. :)

craftytrog said...

You both created beautiful pages Chris! I love your owl.
Great photos too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Playing catch up here. LOVE what both of you created for your journal pages. They truly DO look like Laly had a hand in guiding you both. Thanks for sharing these with us at Art Journal Journey using Matilde's theme.

Stunning photos from RHS Bridgewater. Those pots sitting in water reminded me of the ones on my black plastic. Not elegant, but water wise.


Matilde said...

Beautiful pages! I love this interesting background. Everything is perfect!