Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 7 May 2022

Calendar Journal and a short walk

Hi everyone.  I've taken few photos lately and just realised that my calendar journal photos hadn't been transferred to my folder. 

As Matilde is hosting at Art Journal Journey with her 'Birds' theme I include some birds on my calendar this month too.


I used a Lavinia stencil to make layers using three shades of blue distress inks (a quick reminder here that 'Use stencils' is the new theme at Try On Tuesday)
The birds are all by Woodware and coloured with Faber Castell Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils.

Here is April all filled in
On the last Friday in April had to take a letter down to the health centre - it was a lovely sunny day so we decided to do a half perimeter walk of our 'village'(we are now classed as a suburb of Manchester but all the old village is still there)

Looking through to the playing field




I love seeing these twiggy shadows on the path.




It does look so peaceful here doesn't it? It isn't though, as right alongside this wood is Princess Parkway leading to the Motorways - you can see one of the signs in this next photo


Here you can see some of the traffic.










We reached the far end of the playing field - little quieter here


There is work going on at the end of the path.
We crossed the road leading down to a housing estate and went into another wooded area
I picked some stems to go in a vase
Looking back to the gate

We went off the track to investigate - it didn't really lead anywhere




We walked past a huge patch of Wild Garlic so I picked some and added them to my flowers ( I made garlic butter and pesto with it)
I was pleased to see the wild flowers and bluebells have grown back after drainage work was done in 2020 - the last time we walked through this wood.


We crossed the road and walked home by the river

The Heron moved to the weir while we were walking along
The end of a lovely walk.

Thanks for looking, Chris













11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the new calendar with the beautiful birds, and the photos of your walk are fabulous. This is such a wonderful time to be outside in nature. Hugs and have a great weekend, Valerie

Helen said...

what a beautiful walk! Shame it isn't quite as peaceful as it looks though. Love those Woodware birds on your May calendar page.

My name is Erika. said...

I'm loving the latest calendar Chris. Those birds are fun! And our leaves are just starting to appear so in comparison, you have so much green. I love it. It looks like a very pretty walk and a nice day for one too. Happy rest of the weekend. Hugs-Erika

Matilde said...

Lovely birds in your calendar! And beautiful phots of your walk. Have a nice Sunday!

Meggymay said...

It looks a lovely area to walk and close to where you live as well.
Its a fantastic calendar page as well Chris.
Have a goos week.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

I love the birds on your calendar page. They fit the adage "merry as the month of May". All parts of the walking trail look peaceful from here. Too bad they had to put the highway along side of it. Still it's nice to have green space in the middle of the hustle and bustle.

Divers and Sundry said...

What a lovely place for a walk :) I'm used to traffic here, so that wouldn't detract from it for me at all. I'm pleased to see wooded walks preserved close to developed areas.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a great calendar page, Chris. I loved the birds and how beautifully you colored each of them. Thanks for these beauties you shared with us at AJJ using Matilde's theme.

What a walk. That may have been short for you, but it was incredible to me. Love the fluffy white clouds in the sky and the beautiful flowers, too.

craftytrog said...

I love those colourful birds on your new calendar Chris, and the photos of your woodland walk.

Rita said...

LOVE the birds on your calendar!
What a beautiful place to walk. Yes, it does look peaceful. Can ignore the nearby traffic noise and absorb the lushness of the forest. :)

Meggymay said...

I love those cute birds on your calendar pages Chris and the photos of where you went for the walk look beautiful.
Yvonne xx