Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 31 May 2022

For The Man In your Life

Hi everyone, it's time for a new theme at Try It On Tuesday - 'For The Man In Your Life'

Please pop over to the TIOT blog and check out what our Design Team are making for their chosen man.

It's Fathers Day soon here in the UK but whatever you make doesn't mean  can't be for any other occasion or any other man in your life.

I made a Birthday card for a friend of ours.


 I used Distress inks to create the evening sky. I used a sponge tip make up applicator and Versafine ink to fill in the gaps in the stamp design to give a darker silhouette.

Our friend was brought up in the countryside so this would have been a familiar sight when he was younger (as it was for me too)

We look forward to seeing your entries. This TIOT theme runs for the usual two weeks.

Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

Helen said...

LOVE that stamped image Chris!!! Looks like my days back on the farm so many years ago! Love it! Have a fabulous week! ((HUGS)) Helen

My name is Erika. said...

That is a fantastic image Chris. It makes for a very pretty card. It's nice to see a card over a journal page, but then, I am still partial to journal pages. Happy end of May. hugs-Erika

Joan said...

Oh I love this card Chris familiar sight to me, much bigger tractors nowadays!


Joan x

craftytrog said...

A lovely scene! Great card Chris.

Rita said...

That's an amazing stamp! Made a beautiful card. :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a wonderful birthday card! I love the sky you created, the colours are glorious and perfect for the stamp silhouette that you added 😀. Wishing you a happy June! Hugs Jo x

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful countryside scene Chis and a fantastic male card, I suspect many women would like this scene as well.
Yvonne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a fabulous image that is Chris, so peaceful as a silhouette against the morning sun. A grand card for your friend. Happy creative June Hugs Tracey x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card Chris, love the silhouette image against your evening sky, I'm sure your friend will appreciate it.
Avril xx