Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 2 May 2021

Hello to my Calendar Journal

 Hi everyone, I've had a proper outing today - haircut and shopping trip to Marks and Spencers.

Both well needed - my hair was resembling an Alpaca's and ...now I'm showing off..I needed new pyjamas because my old ones are way too big!

Hubby didn't want to go in either but he kindly drove me to both. 

I felt safe in both places and looking forward to going again, especially as I picked up cream donuts, raspberries, strawberries and my favourite mixed nuts - that have macadamia nuts in the mix. 

Before we left home I started my calendar journal - intended to do it yesterday but felt tired so it was TV night instead !

I used watered down acrylic paint - rubbed on with a baby wipe and lots of fussy cut Janet Klein figures - they are all saying 'Hello' in their own language.

From the left, Swedish, Polish, French, Spanish, Dutch, German,Italian and of course, the fairy is saying 'Hello' in English.

Here is last month's all filled in if you want to look.

I am joining at Art Journal Journey with our new host Elle from Empire Of The Cat blog with a new theme - 'Language'

Short and sweet tonight - it's the final part of Line Of Duty, I'll be settling down to watch shortly!

Thanks for looking, Chris 

11 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

What a great idea for your calendar Chris. It is also a great idea for AJJ. And I love those little JK people. And it sounds like you had a great time going out, even just for a haircut and errands. Sometimes that is all that takes to feel like life is somewhat more normal, doesn't it? Enjoy your treats. Hugs-Erika

Annie said...

How sweet your May calendar journal looks. Love that pink color. The characters are adorable. It sounds like an outing was just what you needed as a little pick-me-up. Taking home some treats will extend your outing joy.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your journal / calendar, so pretty, very well done. And a hair cut and shopping? Wow! I look like a wild haired witch! Congrats on loosing weight, too! Have a great Monday, take care, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I absolutely adore your incredible calendar pages. May with those cute little people speaking different languages is perfect for Elle's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. Wonderful and quite creative, dear.

Congrats on getting a haircut. I KNEW you had lost weight. I kept seeing it in your photos that T takes of you. Congrats on that, too. Now that I'm fully vaccinated, I am going to have a haircut very soon, too.

Iris Flavia said...

Very, very cute and great idea with the languages. I love the little girl.

jenclair said...

Your calendar journals are so much fun! Adore!

Rita said...

Oh, all those girls! I love how you fit language into the entire month this way.
Of course, I really liked the cats from last month, too. :)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Your calendar is so prettyand fun !!! Great by hair cut!!
have a happy day, hug Elke

craftytrog said...

Your calendars both look great Chris!
May the 4th be with you!
Alison xx

The Serendipitous Art Therapist said...

Wow, cutest idea ever. Now I have an excuse to by ANOTHER notebook ;)

Empire of the Cat said...

I love your little girls with all their little hellos. I did read your post at the time but I wasn't very well so only just getting around to catching up on commmenting. I wasn't even up to watching the Line of Duty finale either but I have seen it now. Bit flat I thought, I already suspected who the 4th man. Sad it's over though, I see they have a new series coming with the same people. Thanks for joining me for the Language theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle xx