Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 31 March 2020

T Stands for Taking In The View

Hi everyone, I had thought of taking you on our last visit out but as the sun was shining last week I took photos of our views instead.  

We are lucky enough to see parts of the garden from different windows all around and have sun all day on out balcony, which is where we sat out last week!
This is my favourite view as it is of the back of the village pub which is opposite the church, it isn't the church we go to, but I love to see how windy it is by looking out at the St Georges Flag.
We can also wave to one of our friends on the top floor in one of the other blocks(there are three)
It was very sunny so these next two are not such good shots, many balconies here are open but ours already had windows when we bought it. My son put up some clear perspex all round for us so it gets really warm.


When I started this post I was sure I had taken more photos(which means I can show you more another time!)
We went for a walk around the grounds at the weekend too.

 This is at the back of the building, the balcony with sun shining on it ours!
We walked around all three blocks and back to the bottom of the stairs.

We have found there are advantages to retired living. This is the list we were given to order from last week - our order will arrive on Friday. Since we don't eat much meat we only ordered chicken but the veggies we got last week were excellent. I have already written about these so if you want to see read here and here

Here is where I will join in Tea stands For Tuesday with my drink related post with Bleubeard and Elizabeth at The Altered BookLover

We had Fish and Chips delivered on Friday - John the chef here makes  the very best Fish and Chips ever!
You can see how happy hubby was! We both drank water.

 That's all for now folks, thanks for looking, Chris

14 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

I enjoyed seeing where you live and all the spring blooms-that must me really nice having your balcony closed in-a more useable space when its raining.
yum fish and chips sounds wonderful
Happy T hugs Kathy stay safe

Meggymay said...

It was lovely to see the photos of the views around your home Chris. The balcony must be a good place to sit and relax.
Those fish and chips looked delicious. Its also good that you can order your vegetables as well. Its hard getting store deliveries just now.
Stay safe and well.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How wonderful to see where you live. It made it feel so much like you have invited us into your home and garden. I love your balcony, the views, and the area around the complex.

Gosh, they have not light cream (or what I call 1/2 and 1/2, which is all I use in my coffee. Now you know why I insist on doing my own shopping.

Gotta love the fish and chips. I see some mushy peas, too. I looked for peas yesterday, but found none. Must look further back in my pantry, but I feel I must have eaten them all.

Thanks for sharing your home, your garden, and your fish and chips with water with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

My name is Erika. said...

OK, you are making me drool. I love fish and chips with mushy peas. You can't get mushy peas here in the US, or at least in New Hampshire. And I love the views from your apartment. One good thing about us all being homebound is that we get to see more of people's person spaces. But it would be better to have no virus and be able to get rid of that stress. Hope you had a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks for the views of where you live. Your food looks soooooooo good, and I am hungry.....I sometimes dream of eating fish nd chips from the chippy again! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

J said...

Hi Chris, I like seeing you lovely views, the German/Spanish couple who live behind us put up the Andalucian flag when his brother comes for a visit, so like you we always look how windy it is by their flag, or the palm trees in the other gardens!
I like that you can get fish and chips delivered and what a great idea for the shopping! What a relief that would be not to have to go out.
Take care. Jan x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely assortment of photos from your area. I like your Christmas cactus plant. I just repotted mine. :-)

Happy belated T-Day!

Words and Pictures said...

It looks like a lovely secure and sheltered place to be. Even in these extraordinary times, you still have that sense of having others nearby, and how lovely to have the shopping dealt with! Wonderful to have a sunny balcony from which to enjoy the arrival of spring (though the temperatures seem to have gone backwards this week). Can't go wrong with fish and chips on Fridays...
Alison x

Lisca said...

Thank you for showing us round your complex. It looks lovely and the gardens and the view!
My mouth waters at the mentioning of fish and chips. Our nearest F&C cafe is an hour and a half drive. We had planned a visit this month but now we can't go anywhere of course. And when we finally get round to it, they sadly might have gone out of business....
Take care, stay safe,
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Caty said...

It is really a very beautiful place where you live Chris !!, so nice views from your balcony. I hope you spent a very happy T-day!
And, ooh those fish and chips may have been delicious.
I wish you a very nice afternoon, stay safe and well dear friend,
Big hugs, Caty

Linda Kunsman said...

Looks like such a lovely place to live- beautiful scenery, and an enclosed sunny balcony. And how especially nice to be able to place food orders like this-fish and chips-YUM!! Stay well, and happy belated T Day!

Eileen Bergen said...

What a lovely place you live, Chris. Thank you for givig us a tour of the grounds. That's a great idea for a large complex to do their own food delivery!

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Rita said...

Oh, you have such pretty views! Nice that they are delivering groceries to you all--wow! Enjoy your views and be safe! :)

CJ Kennedy said...

I enjoyed seeing the views from your balcony. I think I like the view of the church the best, too, and watching the flag waving in the breeze. So good of the complex to order things in so you don't have to navigate the markets. The grounds around the buildings are so pretty, and Hubby looks so happy with his fish and chips. Take care and Happy T Day