Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 22 March 2020

Sunday, Sweet Sunday......

Hi everyone! We have a glorious day here! The sun is shining, the windows are open and there's a helicopter circling around drowning the sound of the few birds we have around here!
I have had some crafty time - and sure to have some more now we are in for a while! We still hope to take some walks by the river but yesterday proved that we may have to be up with the lark and back before everyone else does the same!

I made a tag using one of my favourite Crafty Individuals stamps. Yes I'm still thinking of Paris, our trip is definitely OFF!
I recycled a tag that I no longer liked by using some gelli printed paper. Onto that I added my favourite background stamps, also Crafty Individuals. I would have used their Paris postmark stamp but I seem to have mislaid it in a tidy up!! I added some Brushed Corduroy DI around the edge.

I am entering this at Tag Tuesday for Pinky's theme - 'Women/Mother's Day/Feminine

I'm not seeing my family today but they are sending lots of messages via the WhatsApp group we have set up and making me smile/cry/laugh with some of the photos that have found.

This one was put on Instagram by my youngest!..
I have to admit to dressing up the eldest in toilet rolls one year when we were on holiday in a holiday camp in the 80's!
Yes...what was I thinking!!!
I love the caption he put on it!!!

Hope this made you smile, especially if you are without..as we soon will be!

Thanks for looking, Chris





10 comments:

Mrs.B said...

A lovely tag Chris, it's such a sweet image.
This social isolation/distancing is hard, my DD visited but sat at the back of the garden and I sat in the house - good job it was a sunny day!
Stay safe,
Avril xx

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a gorgeous tag, Chris, so pretty. Nice weather here but freezing cold. It's hard having to stay home alone, but we have to get through it somehow. Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated. Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I love the tag Chris. It sounds like you had a gorgeous day for Mothering Sunday. A walk and some art time, what could be better. And that instagram image made me laugh. You have to keep a sense of humor right now, don't you? Keep washing your hands. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Chris! xx

pinky said...

Great bit of recycling Chris. That's a gorgeous tag for my theme. I remember wrapping one of mine in toilet roll many years ago lol. Like wrapping them in gold today, according to the toilet roll collectors lol. Take care and thanks so much for joining in the challenge at Tag Tuesday xx

Rita said...

A sunny day and fresh air always helps the spirits.
Toilet paper could become currency all over the world soon--LOL! ;)

Words and Pictures said...

Isn't it wonderful to have the sunshine to see us through these dark times... it makes such a difference to my mood! Glad you're enjoying it too, as well as some more crafting time. Yes - there'll be no excuses now!! Sorry about your Paris trip - I'm supposed to be in the Czech Republic now, where I'm meant to be liaising with the builders... not so easy by phone!

Ah well, it is what it is. And at least we have this online community and our craft supplies to keep us occupied. And this romantic Parisian tag is a lovely way to keep the city in your heart even though you can't be there in person. I love the blush of the rose and sepia background and it works perfectly with those nostalgic vintage images and ephemera.
Alison x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm delighted to see the gorgeous tag you created with Paris in your heart. I am saddened that you are unable to take your Paris trip right now, BUT, I was delighted to read it was off. I worried about you and T SO much. I can breathe again after being so worried about you two heading off to France while this virus is raging away. I'm actually proud of Boris Johnson (even though I think he's normally a buffoon). If only Trump wasn't sending mixed messages to us in the states. Johnson's message was at least clear and concise.

Had a great laugh at the TP post your son put on Instagram. That was FUNNY. I love it.

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful tag, Chris. Great Paris theme and super recycling. You have some great images. The picture from the 80s is wonderful! I can remember my Mom doing this to me in the 1960s - she didn't do my legs individually though so it was hard to walk - not sure what she was thinking. I did it on one of my girls in the 90s but I did as you did and individually did the legs as I learned that lesson - lol. Keep staying safe and crafting.

Karen said...

your tag is beautiful ~ lovely layering of stamps and embellishments! Loved the photo & story too ~ It's great to laugh ~