Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 2 April 2020

A first and a second!!

Hi everyone, I'm a day late with my calendar journal again! I really did think I would have loads of time on my hands for crafting and blogging but at the moment the days are just whizzing by!

I am on a brighter note with my April pages, maybe I will have more time now! 
Used some AAll and Create stencils and stamps to create my bright and 'Geometric Shapes' page as it means that I can join in at Art Journal Journey and Valerie's theme.
The quote says 'There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy' and although it will be a while before we get rid of this dreadful virus there is a lot to keep us looking on the bright side.
My little girl has just enough balloons to give her a lift without floating away with her!
We have lovely plants that are growing and producing leaves and shoots, we are part of a lovely crafting community,there's time to get things done and time to relax. 
I have been watching my lovely friend Abs doing some Instagram live posts where he is just enjoying making journal pages and sharing his expertise most evenings. Only thing is I want to buy more AAllandcreate stamps now! Hmmm, nothing to stop me, I'm saving money on everything else!!
I have also learned how to keep in touch with family by WhatsApp and face to face calls!
Last months pages didn't really get completed but here they are filled in!

I'm also joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth at The Altered Book Lover for a Second Look On the 2nd
You can see this post here and there are others from around the same time from Paris in April 2017 too!
           --------------------------------------
Last week at this time we were in Paris, the sun was shining and I was indoors!!
We had arrived by this little train - which was waiting at the Metro Station…..
 …to take us here!
We saw this peacock on our walk through the park.

There was a security check at the gate…once in there was so much to see, so many tempting treats….

…and some familiar faces…

 Lauren being shy!
Leandra smiling for Helen….although she does smile a lot anyway…except when she is concentrating…...
……….on making some fabulous examples!
Azoline was creating some lovely art on the Carabelle Studio stand too!
I found Tracy Evans's fabulous brand-new stamps on sale here.
This was Abs first time of showing his stamps - I think there were 10 sets - he shared a stand with a scrap magazine. 
There was also a cake show adjoining the craft area
While I was enjoying Version Scrap hubby went off around the park(I will show you his photos another time - I want to go back to see the park of course- maybe the same time next year???)
He came back couple of times - caught me checking my phone for his message saying he was on his way!!!
Eventually it was time to leave - via the little train
Oh! I suppose you would like to see what I bought????


Ooh Look!! No Paper Artsy stuff…….just as well I am going to Happy Stampers next week!!!! 

The show was much better than last year - much more space between stands and a higher ceiling and of course no poorly hubby - Thank Goodness!
           ------------------------------------------
Having seen this post again I think I will be digging out some of those stamps this week! 

Take care everyone and Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Chris, lovely journal pages, old and new. Of course, I am especially partial to the geometric ones with the gorgeous background and the little balloon girl. Thanks for linking to AJJ. Nice to see the photos from happier and healthier times, but they will come again, we just need to be patient! Love the little train, and ou got some great goodies, too. Take care, Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Between you and Alison, you two put my calendar pages to shame. This month's calendar is gorgeous. I love it. Real beauty, light, bright, and colorful. Thanks for sharing it with us using Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.

I remember that post from Paris. It was the last year Paper Artsy had their booths at art shows, wasn't it? I have to admit, they have the best red rubber I've ever seen. Too bad all you got were photos there, but some of the other items look wonderful. I LOVE the washi tape. What can I say, I love all washi tape (grin). Thanks for sharing this fabulous look back. It was a great second look on the 2nd and I enjoyed revisiting it.

Rika said...

stunning calendar pages!
great background.

Karen said...

Great calendar pages, and I love the geometric shapes ~ Wow that craft show looks terrific and you should pull out some of that score you've got great items to choose from. That train is adorable too! ~ blessings

My name is Erika. said...

Oh that must have been and it must be nice to look back on what we could do a year ago that we cannot do now. And those calendars both look amazing. The green of March jumps out at me and all the geometry of April is pretty cool also. Thanks for sharing with us at ARt Journal Journey Chris. Glad you staying in is not so bad that the days are flying by. hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Wow so much wonderful art here. I have enjoyed visiting and will come back. Be safe and Elbow hugs.

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhh, what a beautiful, wise page, yes, we are happy about many a thing even now! I love both pages, beautiful!

Wonderful memories, too.
I must be blind! Or go to the wrong stores, I never see stamps like that.

To positive thinking, Chris! Hugs.

craftytrog said...

Lovely memories Chris, and your calendar pages look beautiful!
Hugs,
Alison xxx

Meggymay said...

Super calendar pages Chris and thank you for linking to Valerie's theme.
All the photos looked great and you must have some good memories of your visits away. I hope all your new stamps have been inked and not stored away.
Stay safe and well.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

Fun to remember happy outings when we could be out and about. Good there are ways to keep in touch these days where we can see and hear and interact! :)

nwilliams6 said...

Fab calendar pages, Chris. I want that girl image - too fun!!!

Wow, I was mesmerized by your trip photos and the cool events. Your purchases look so fun too. I am jealous and wish I had gone!!! Fun, fun, fun stuff and thanks for sharing. Hugz