Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 6 March 2020

Fitting in!

Hi everyone, I was out all day yesterday in Carnforth at a fabulous Kate Crane workshop organised by Sharon at Rowantree Crafts! We were kept on our toes and there were so many new ideas to take in! I think all of us went home with a little bit of homework to do!

Tomorrow we are off on a Steamtrain to York so it will be another early start we have to get in to town for 9.50!
It was a Christmas present from the family as they knew we would still be finding homes for things from the caravan after Christmas and wouldn't want more to think about!

So in between outings I have had a sort of finishing things, preparing samples and tidying up sort of day! My step counter is not happy!!

Here is a tag I made for Tag Tuesday and Sandie's fabulous theme - 'Paris'

I used part of a gelli print, my gelli plate is getting a lot of use lately and I have a good stash of prints to use.
The images came from a Paris calendar from a few years ago and I added some blossom as it reminds me of our picnic by the Eiffel Tower a couple of years ago.

I would like to enter this tag at Simon Says Stamp Monday - Tag It

Here is one of the tags from Kate's workshop that I completed today, it uses some of the gelli prints I made at the workshop and one of Kate's Carabelle Studio girls

I would like to enter at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Something Feminine 
For the first time I have used some sewing on a tag, I was encouraged by seeing how easy it was to do, so today it was a little exercise on my my sewing machine!

A little reminder here too that at Try It On Tuesday we are encouraging you to Try A New Technique!

Thanks for looking, Chris

  

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag Chris, thanks so much for linking to Tag Tuesday. Enjoy your trip at the weekend, hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

These are gorgeous tags Chris-I love both of them
enjoy your trip-hugs Kathy

Helen said...

I like your tags, and have fun on the steam train. your comment did make me laugh about an early start, being in town for 9.50... how far away is the town! to me that is mid morning!!! I always have been an early bird. take care, have fun.

Rita said...

Sounds like fun outings! Love the tags. That is the funniest looking girl stamp. Those kind of goofy stamps are so much fun. Who makes them?

Rita said...

Fabulous tags Chris. Lucky you getting to Kate Cranes workshop. Lake district is beautiful at this time of year. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Both tags are fabulous. I know how much you LOVE Paris. You were so lucky to get to a workshop with Kate Crane. I am in awe of you using your sewing machine. I wouldn't know what to do without mine. I could NEVER make a real pattern, but I can sew paper to paper in a heartbeat I can see a whole new way of creating art when you use your sewing machine.

BTW, I'm very worried about you and T going to France. The COVID-19 scares me, so PLEASE stay safe and careful.

Sandra Wright. said...

Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Tag Tuesday with your super tag..I love all the images you have used..fabulous xxxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such amazing tags! The collage Paris design is wonderful and I love the colourful and fun style of the second one 😁. I keep meaning to get my sewing machine our for crafting, maybe one day ...lol 😉. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

craftytrog said...

Wonderful tag art Chris! xx

Words and Pictures said...

Two fabulous tags. The Parisian collage looks perfect against that lovely textured gelli print - the delicate colours are just right for springtime in Paris. I love the layers of contrasting colour on the Kate Crane-inspired one, and the characterful figure taking centre-stage - and the stitching detail is the icing on the cake. Looks like you had a great time at the workshop, and I hope we'll get to see some more of what you got up to soon.
Alison x