Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 28 May 2019

Make a Mark at TIOT

Hi everyone! Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday invites you to make marks on your page, be they large or small, angular or curved!
The Design Team have had fun with this and we hope you do too!

Although it's not a competition to see how many shapes and marks can be made I do seem to have an abundance here!! 

I started with different coloured distress inks rubbed on to the page over a mop up from a stencil. I used a few stencils, some stamps, bottle tops and a little bit of doodling! 
My main flower is a Paper Artsy Tracy Scott stamp which I stamped onto the page and then stamped onto paper and fussy cut!
I extended the stem with a black pen.

The words are by Tim Holtz and Art by Marlene.
I added some bees too (Indigoblu I think)

I hope you are able to join us this time - as usual your entry an be in any form you wish - card, mixed Media, textile - just have fun with mark making!!!

I am also joining Erika At Art Journal Journey and her 'In The Sky/In The Air theme'!

Thanks for looking, Chris 

13 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, Chris - what a 'happy colour' page this is - it's fab! Filled with luscious colour and shapes - perfect for this challenge and really uplifting :-)
Cath x

My name is Erika. said...

You sure used all those marks fabulously Cath. They all word together. I love the flower and all the bees. This is such a happy spring page. And thanks so much for joining in again at Art Journal Journey. It is much appreciated and this page is really perfect for the challenge. Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

Whoops, I meant to write Chris and my hands wrote Cath. This is what happens when you try to comment before your morning cup of tea is finished. Sorry. hugs again-Erika

Rosie said...

A very beautiful page, Chris

Rita said...

So pretty and love the colors. :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, it's such a beautiful page! I love your design and you certainly made lots of marks, I lost count on how many shapes I found ...lol 😉. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a wonderful week! Jo x

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous and colourful page Chris, you have made a wonderful selection of marks for us all to be inspired by.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You certainly added a lot of marks to this journal page, dear Chris. I was totally impressed. LOVE IT. I can see lots of stencils, stamping, and of course, the bees that fit Erika's theme so well at Art Journal Journey, too.

Neet said...

It's easy to get carried away with the stencils and things when doing a background but yours is not over-crowded, it is perfect. Love all the different colours you have used and one of my favourite designers flowers and, of course, bees. I have a thing about bees which is the emblem of Manchester.
A great, bold, beautiful page.
Hugs, Neet xx

Mrs.B said...

A lovely bright and happy page Chris, the varied stencils create a depth to the background. Love the bright flower.
Avril xx

Marjut said...

This is so beautiful page, lovely colours.

Joan said...

A fabulous page Chris, love the bright colours



Joan

Words and Pictures said...

What a glorious rainbow background - your layered mark-making is just fabulous. Definitely looking on the bright side!
Alison x