Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 6 May 2019

Angels are near !

Hi everyone! It's been a funny few days...but I have finally found time to make a journal page for Art Journal Journey and Erika's 'In the Sky/In the Air theme'!

I never fail to get excited at seeing Dragonflies - the way the light catches their wings, especially on sunny day! You may remember the one that rested just outside our door last year.



I used up some ink remaining on a couple of sponges and stamped AALLandcreate Dragonflies(one of Tracy Evans'designs). I also used the heart from this set for a couple of angels coming in at the side until I had a better idea and drew in smocks with a silver pen! The wings also have a glisten to them but I just couldn't capture it!
The quote is from the same set - I cut it in half to fit.
I stamped in some Carabelle studio letters and then added some silver spatters over the page.

Here is our dragonfly visitor.

It was around the same time as seeing the Damselflies at Nostell Priory!
You can see the full post here of the beautiful gardens as well as the page I made in celebration of 'our' Dragonfly!

I'll see you for 'T' at Elizabeth's.

Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Absolutely AMAZING - I love dragonflies as well and this posting is a wonderful tribute to them! Love the quote you have chosen to it!!! One stunning entry for Erika's topic Chris!
You are a human angel ....
angels love and surround themselves with dragonflies!!!
Happy day! Thank you for yet another fantastic entry linked to AJJ!♥♥♥
Susi xxx

Gerrina said...

They are realy graceful in their movement! Beautiful card and photo!

Meggymay said...

Beautiful dragon flies Chris, its a great page.
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful journal page-I love dragonflies too-we see them here in the woods allot on our ponds-hoping they will be at the lake house too

Divers and Sundry said...

Oh! Your photo! I wish I could get close-ups that good. They inspired some lovely art :) We do have dragonflies here, and I still call them "snake doctors" from my youth :)

Rita said...

I love dragonflies and damselflies. Such a pretty page. :)

My name is Erika. said...

I agree. Dragonflies are magical. And I am with you how they glisten in certain lights. This is a super page for the challenge Chris. Thank you very much for posting. And that quote is super. I have never heard it. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

I love that dragonfly stamp great page.

WendyK said...

Lovely dragonflies Chris, they are a great sign that warm weather is here ( eventually)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am SO sorry for being late to visit. This is a wonderful journal entry, dear Chris. I adore your dragonflies and we were both thinking the same thing, it appears (grin). Thank you so, so much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey, dear friend.

sarascloset said...

Your journal page is so calming and pretty! I love dragonflies, too, and yours are so sweet!