Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 26 May 2019

Fun on Sunday

Hi everyone! Still battling on here, having had another trip to the GP and a change of meds!
I have been having short bursts of crafting, some for some scheduled posts and one for current challenges!

First I had bit of painty stencil play in my A5 Journal!
You may remember I made a similar page a while ago!
I wiped on some yellow and blue paints and blended them in the middle of the page! I dabbed a variety of paint colours through stencils by Indigoblu, That's Crafty and Paper Artsy and then added some small flowers (Crafty Individuals and some freebie ones)by stamping them with paint. The quote is a very old one from The Stamp Man.

I would like to enter this at:-
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use Stencils
Stamping Sensations - In an English Country Garden

I also made a tag for Tag Tuesday! I seem to have missed out on a few challenges this year but when I saw the theme was 'Gardening' I made sure I have at least one entry!
I used some of my stashed papers for this along with a postage stamp, a Tim Holtz Paper Doll holding the flowers she has picked for Maman! I also added a Paper Box Die cut flower and some spatters of ink. 
Of course some of you know that I love the Parks of Paris and usually manage to walk in one or two when we visit!

This leads on to my journal page, also with a Paris connection..

...it's in my A6 Journal and started with some inky smooshing!
I added some Crafty Individuals text, some French book paper and part of a napkin and a postmark stamp. I stamped some AAllandcreate clouds, painted them white and drew some birds in the sky.
Finally I wrote the Audrey Hepburn quote and doodled a border.
This page is for Erika's theme 'In The Sky/In The Air' at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for looking,  Chris

14 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's a beautiful tag, Chris. I know how much you love your gardens, so I see why this is right up your alley. I am so out of the loop, I didn't realize Tag Tuesday had changed themes.

Of course, you knew I would be drawn to the Paris inspired art you shared with us using Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey. This is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, I hope your new meds kick in soon, dear.

My name is Erika. said...

Hope the change of meds helps you Chris. Sometimes getting things just right is a lot of time and work. But you've made some gorgeous art. I love all the blue painted flowers and the tag also. Wow. And Paris makes a perfect page for AJJ. I like the bit of napkin and the effect it creates. Thanks so much for joining in the challenge again. and hope the new week starts off well for you. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

great pages, and I love the tag! hope the new meds are working.

Joan said...

Love your tag, with such great details!! But that blue flowered art journal page really caught my eye - wow, gorgeous (and I love the quote)!!!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful assortment of artwork. I like all of the blues in the first one.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hope the new meds help soon. Love the art pages and tag you made, especially the tag, of course. Love all the beautiful stamps on it. Thanks so much for joining us at TT, hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

Super journal pages Chris and I especially like to fusion of blues and white which are really striking, thanks so much for joining in with our 'English Country Garden' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh dear - I've been so out of it that I'm only just catching up with your health news - I hope the new meds will sort you out. Very happy you've found some crafting time despite it all, and this trio of creations is a delight. The gardening tag may be my favourite - perfect vintage collaging and the black flower silhouette is so delicately pretty over the top. I love the gentle muted colours of the rainy(?) day in Paris and the layered stencilling to create a garden of such depth and beauty in the first page. No, maybe that's my favourite... simply glorious!
Sorry I've been so absent - there's a quieter period on the horizon (at least until the next last-minute gig bobs up to spoil it).
Alison x

Rita said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! Lovely art work--all of them. :)

Eileen Bergen said...

I love the blue and gold page and the technique you used. Thanks for the details on that, Chris. Feel better soon ;-( Eileen xx

Dora said...

Beautiful art journal page. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

pinky said...

I'm trying out a journal at the minute and just adore what you have created here. I will have to become a follower now!! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Gerrina said...

Just love that page! The blue-purple flowers lok like they would on a verry warm day...love that!

Michele said...

gorgeous pages! and your tag is just breathtaking! xo