Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 3 September 2023

Cat Calendar Journal

Hi everyone, I really am rushing around at the moment. Hubby's sister was due to leave hospital last Thursday but she is still there so we're trying to fit in visits as well as clear our our kitchen ready for work to be done (we have a leak from the waste pipe coming from the apartment above) and, as you will see, we are busy packing to go away.


Here are my pages ready for September. I haven't stuck down all of the squares as I will take them away with me and fill them in as we go alongside my Travel Journal. I found painting these rectangles very relaxing the other day (it was quite a shock to find that there is water underneath our corner kitchen units) they aren't as neat as I would like and the colour inspiration came from some new washi tape I bought.I used the tape at the bottom of the page along with some kitty tape. I cut some triangles off and arranged them haphazardly. The two white cats were stamped and coloured white.

Here is last month all filled in! 

I am adding these pages at Art Journal Journey where Elle is hosting the fabulous theme 'Books,Cats, Tea'

I don't know when my next page will be or when I will be able to visit any blogs, but I will be doing my best to keep in touch!

Thanks for looking, Chris



 

9 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Life sounds too busy Chris. But busy isn't a bad thing. This month's calendar should be a good one, and is, even without all the white squares glued down. hugs-Erika

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I love the textural quality of your Sept page... my eyes first perceived it as fabric pieces! And my your world relax a bit, slow down with deep breaths waiting for you.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous new calendar, love it, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

As always, you put my calendar pages to shame. I especially love the cats. They are beautiful. I look forward to seeing how you spend your time in September, dear friend.

craftytrog said...

I know how you feel Chris! I've been trying to squeeze in some art between helping our son to move and going on holiday.
Your calendars are both wonderful.
Have a lovely trip.
Hugs,
Alison

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful calendar pages for last month and this month, Chris. You always do so well with these! The kittys are darling! Hugz

Elkes Lebensglück said...

very nice cat calendar!
Have a good september, hug Elke

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oooh, I love both of your calendars, Chris. It looks like you have a beautiful start to your September calendar. Oh my, what a terrible thing to go through with that leak. I hope they get it fixed and that you have a good time away. Also, I hope your husband's sister is out of the hospital by now. I will keep her in my thoughts. Take care of YOU, my friend. Hugs, Sharon

Empire of the Cat said...

Leaks! are the worst aren't they especially when they are coming from someone else! Hope you get it all sorted out. I love both your pages, the August Paris one and the kitty September one. Love your white kitties and the kitty washi, I might have that one in my washi stash, must check. Thanks for joining me for the Books, Cats & Tea September theme at Art Journal Journey this month Happy Journalling! Elle/Empire of the Cat xx