Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 5 September 2023

T Stands For The Speedy Edition!

 Hi everyone, as if the latest events here haven't been enough I have now chipped off part of one of my front teeth. Fortunately our dentist can fit me in tomorrow - on the day we have been told SIL can leave hospital! Very kindly he has told me I can come either a.m or p.m. just give hime a ring! My meds have finally all arrived so that's one less worry.

I really must apologise for not getting round to visit everyone last week - I at least hope that once we get away I will have hotel wifi and may actually visit before Sunday!!

I will show you my drink first as the real reason I am here is to join Bleubeard and Elizabeth and the T gang at T Stands For Tuesday to share a drink.

Hubby trying to suppress a laugh, while for a change, he had tonic water and I had Orangina.

This was in Pontorson where we stopped off on the way back from a visit to see Mont St Michel towards the end of our holiday.

To continue with our day in Carnac...the biggest treat was to go to see the Carnac Stones - I hadn't realised there were so many! We caught a little 'roadtrain' for a tour of the stones and the beach area.




This may not look very exciting but as we drove around corners and saw lots more stones it really was.







Some of favourite places in Brittany were.....

Auray, which also had a beautiful Basilica



Pont Aven, a beautiful village by the river.


Vannes, with it's Mediaeval houses was wonderful.

I will have to stop here, still lots to do before we go away. There is so much to show you but I promise to have more to show you in a few weeks.
 




6 comments:

Mae Travels said...

You are helping me remember a trip to Vannes, Carnac, and Isle D’Artz that we did many years ago. I haven’t thought about it much until your lovely photos. I do agree that the stones of Carnac are amazing.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Kate Yetter said...

The scenes are so picturesque. It looks like such a quaint town and of course the architecture is lovely. Sorry to hear about your chipped tooth, that certainly is a pain. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

Oh Chris, you are having some bad luck lately. I hope your tooth gets fixed without issue and your luck changes. Your photos are lovely. Those villages are just beautiful. And those stones are cool. Are they look shorter Stonehedge stones? I hope other than your tooth you had a lovely T day. hugs-Erika

nwilliams6 said...

Looks like a wonderful place to visit. You go to the most interesting places and find the most interesting things.

So sorry about your tooth and that you have so much going on. Hopefully things will settle down soon.

Happy T-day and hugz

DVArtist said...

Ohhh I am so sorry about your tooth. You are so lucky that you have a dentist that will take you right in. If you where here you would be waiting months to see a dentist. Hubby looks good, even if he is trying to surpress a smile. Have a nice evening.

CJ Kennedy said...

Sorry about the dental problem. I hope it was painlessly fixed. I had never heard of the Carnac Stones. The only ones I knew were Stonehenge and the stone circles in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series 😉 That must have been exciting to see that many giant stones. Some of the buildings remind me of the "cottages" in Newport, Rhode Island. The medieval houses look like they are out of a fairytale. Happy T Day