Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 23 May 2023

T Stands For......to Paris ...

 Hi everyone, it seems that Spring has well and truly arrived.

I've had my sandals out and it's great going out without a coat...and according to the weather forecast ..it's set to last for a while!

So..I am going to return to cool Paris where even when the sun was shining it was bit nippy at times!

We spent most of Saturday at Version Scrap where I had booked a workshop with Dounia of Paper Artsy. 

When we arrived the ticket area the queue had cleared.

I didn't have time to take photos but did take some later in the day when it wasn't so crowded.

It was good to see some familiar faces - the Paper Artsy team were all there.

..and lovely Laure Lebard was chatting to a friend.




This area was for bigger workshops

These flowers popped up everywhere.

The Paper Artsy workshop area had samples from the classes they were teaching




This was the class I attended...
..and here are mine - finished off at home
We left mid afternoon for a little look around the St Vincennes area - hubby had spotted a Brocante when he went to buy sandwiches and cake for lunch. There were still quite a few stalls around but it was these windows that caught my eye!


There was a nice modern shopping area too

The chateau always looks fabulous

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth of The Altered Book Lover for T Stands For Tuesday with some drinks we had while in Montmarte. I had a mocktail and hubby had a rather decadant looking coffee.

The next day was free museum Sunday where the best things I saw were the views from the Pompidou Centre - the exhibits did little for either of us. It is a long time since we visited and works by a lot of my favourite artists have been moved to other museums.











Here is a link that explains the construction of the building and what the different colours represent


I was pleased to see this by Fernand Léger - Composition aux deux perroquets. I didn't realise it was so big.

That's it for now - I'll be back tomorrow with some flower close ups and a journal page.

Thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

Darla said...

Your Paper Artsy class must have been a lot of fun. I like your finished pieces a lot, I always enjoy the photos you post of the various places you visit. Gives me a little peek into different parts of the world.

Valerie-Jael said...

Oooh, it sounds like you had a good time at Version Scrap, so much to see and enjoy, and the workshop was surely delightful. And a free museum day - wonderful! Hubby looks happy, too! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

jinxxxygirl said...

Free museum day .. how wonderful!! Sad though that the pieces you love weren't there... I always love all your photos Chris and so envious that you have seen so much of Paris.. Hubby and i did a blow through visit one day many many moons ago... so i've only experienced a snippet of what you've seen.. So i so enjoy your visits and appreciate your photos! Both your drinks look yummy!! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

kathyinozarks said...

Free museum day sounds perfect, we have that here in the states too but we don't live near any museums. sounds like another fun trip to Paris thanks for sharing hugs Kathy and Happy T

Helen said...

Version Scrap looks quite empty - a good idea to tour the show when it was quieter after class! Great photos from Paris as always.

Mae Travels said...

Your Pompidou Center photos are great. I really love that museum, but it is always sad to miss some favorites because they own SO MUCH MORE than they can display!
best,
mae at maefood.blogspot.com

nwilliams6 said...

Lucky you. Fab city, craft expo, craft classes, art and great food and drink. Sooooo fun. Enjoy your great weather! Great post, Chris. Happy t-day and hugz

My name is Erika. said...

I once attended one of those giant fairs where you could buy good and take classes. That was a long time ago though, so it was fun to see your visit. And it's fun to see more of Paris. I'm glad your weather has improved and I hope you've had a nice T day too. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How wonderful you got to attend Version Scrap and take a Paper Artsy workshop. I know you love Lynne P, and this looks like something she would have designed.

Wonderful you got to have free museum day, even if your favorite artists were not on display. we used to have Smithsonian Day, where certain museums were free. Since Covid, they have not offered it. It is still not available for 2023.

I LOVE those sculptures. They are beautiful. The galvanized pipes fit well in this building. And that Leger painting is stunning. I also liked the window decorations. They caught my eye as well.

Your mocktail looks pretty, but I would prefer the decedent coffee, too. Thanks for sharing even more photos of Paris, Version Scrap, and your drinks with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

J said...

I love Paperartsy,, how great to visit the stand and join the workshop, I have a few of their sets that I bought quite a few years ago, some of the new ones are a bit out there for my tastes LOL
We’ve been to Paris a few times but I’m not enamoured with it , I prefer coastal places rather than city visits, maybe coming from the Midlands we always headed for the coast when we could!
Jan S

Caty said...

Paris is magnifique Chris ! So happy you spent really lovely days there. Your bookmarkers are so beautiful. This is a special place for scrapers. So beautiful photographs too, thanks so much for sharing.
I´m sure you had a great T-day !
Have a nice Thursday
Big hugs, Caty

DVArtist said...

You have the best posts. I so enjoyed this one for sure. Have a wonderful day today.

Kate Yetter said...

The views of Paris are so beautiful! I would love to visit someday. Thank you for always sharing your photos.
The scrap class looks fun and I love what you made.
Happy Late Tea Day,
Kate