Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 30 May 2023

T Stands For....taking a look at walls in Paris

Hi everyone, the time is flying and it's time for T Stands For Tuesday and a link to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog - The Altered Book Lover.

I'm taking you back to Paris and an enjoyable last day.

We went two stops on the Metro to the Nationale District. We had seen some the art on the buildings on journeys back to the hotel so decided to find out more about the area. 

We walked around a little bit but could only see one restaurant - La Halte - although there were one or two fast food places.


As it happened the food was excellent and a good price! We both had pork with a mustard sauce and garlic mashed potato. We both had water and I also had a tonic water.
These wall tiles were in the WC 

Afterwards we went for a walk around the area.



This is in Place Pinel so I assume this is the surgeon Phillipe Pinel















  


This is the Square at the centre of the map




I guess someone didn't like heights so did their mural sideways on this wall!




We had walked on to the next Metro station - Carnavalet
We had a pleasant afternoon - I will show you what we found another time
We ended up at Trocadero where we got some fabulous shots of the Eiffel Tower



The lower part of the Tocadero is being updated...but looks a mess now!

We walked over the bridge to catch the Metro back to our hotel

Finally an 'arty' shot - the Eiffel Tower growing in a bed of Primulas
Thanks for looking, Chris






13 comments:

Mae Travels said...

Your Paris photo essays are always fabulous. You find the most amazing and beautiful things that are mostly ignored by tourists with barely enough time to see the Mona Lisa (and they don't see why that was required of them)! I wish I could spend another year there and do all those walks (the year I spent was 1989-1990 so I guess I'm overdue)!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Cloudia said...

Tres Jollie

Kate Yetter said...

WOW, so much beautiful art on the buildings and walls! I love that a lot of it is of historical figures. The map was really neat too. And the Eiffel Tower is always interesting.
Your meal looks tasty!
So glad you shared, Chris. Have a great week.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

kathyinozarks said...

I always enjoy your posts that take us back to Paris-great art and loved all the photos-food looks delicious too-hugs Happy T

Sharon Madson said...

Beautiful artwork in Paris. I even liked the wall tiles in the WC! What a wonderful day you must have had. Love all your photos, especially your artsy one of the Eifel Tower.
Happy T Day.

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful, huge mural.
So, you also always take your cam to the loo :-)
So many great murals! You could´ve joined Sami for that on Mondays, see here.

Helen said...

what fabulous photos - I love all the decorated walls, so much nicer than plain concrete! Helen xx

My name is Erika. said...

I love all the mural
Painting Chris. With that, who needs and art museum? Smile. And spring looks lovely with just those hints of green.
I hope it was a happy T day. Hugs Erika

Amila said...

All these photos are beautiful and I enjoy reading your travel stories. I enjoyed looking at the street art from Paris. Wonderful!
Happy belated T-day!

Valerie-Jael said...

Paris is always beautiful. Love the murals and wall tiles! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a mural mecca. I am blown away by all these murals and how incredibly LARGE they all are. What impressed me was, even the ones at ground level were well kept. I didn't see a single tag (graffiti). The sunflower one was adorable. Loved the ones in the WC, too. They are just brilliant.

The flowers were beautiful, too. I was quite impressed. And it wouldn't be Paris without at least one shot of the Eiffel Tower. Just splendid.

Your mashed potatoes looked good, but you can keep your pork (grin). Your tonic water was really fizzy. Thanks for sharing these incredible murals, the Eiffel Tower, the beautiful flowers, and your meal and waters with us for T this week, dear Chris. Sorry to be so late visiting.

nwilliams6 said...

Wow. All the art on the walls is so interesting, well done and inspiring. I love that you find this stuff and try to find new things when you go to Paris including new food places. How fun the restaurant you found was good and less expensive. Fun pictures of the tiles there too.

Love the cool shots of the tower too.

Wonderful trip pictures, Chris. What a great trip and a great place.

Hugz and happy T-day a bit late.

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Chris, I'm hoping this publishes now as I've been having some blogger problems. These walls are amazing, such amazing artwork and such a huge scale too. Sorry I'm late, having commenting problems with blogger.
Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx