Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 14 September 2021

Going Round in Circles

Hi everyone, we have a new theme at Try It On Tuesday and as you can guess, 'Going Round In Circles' is all about your entry having at least one circle in it.

The Design Team have lots of Circles to show you.

I have little Laura here, as a child she used to watch her Mother sew had a dream about what she wanted to do when she grew up and I am happy to say it came true.

You may have picked up the clue - yes, she wanted to become a famous singer and I am happy to tell you that she was well known in Musical theatre circles in the 60's and her dream did come true (sorry, just couldn't resist)

I used lots of sewing based stamps and of course at the centre the old SINGER sewing machine just like the one my Mum used to have.

As usual our theme runs for two weeks and we look forward to seeing your circle themed entries. 

I will be late visiting but I will see you soon. 

Thanks for looking, Chris

I am also joining in at Art Journal Journey with Wendy's 'Vintage' theme.

13 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful page and I love the pun. I still have my mother's old Singer machine. She hoped I would become a seamstress like her or at least know my way around a sewing machine. I did neither. 😺

Helen said...

Fabulous art journal spread Chris.. and great story! LOVE all the sewing notions and your little Laura is adorable! Have a fun week! ((HUGS)) Helen

My name is Erika. said...

Nice theme for circles. I see lots of them on your page. The thread spool tops are really a good idea Chris. Hope you are having a nice journey! hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous vintage page Chris! Dreams do come true sometimes :-)
Alison

Rita said...

What a cute play on words. :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! Loving th sewing and how you incorporated the circles into your design - perfect 😀. Happy travels and I hope you have a wonderful time! Hugs Jo x

Tammy said...

What a beautiful page, I love the sewing theme and how you added all of the circles, the thread spools are such a wonderful addition!
Tammy x

sirkkis said...

A really vintage related page. I must confess that I've always been a bit worried with sewing machine, haven't good with them ;) Beautifully composed!
Have a nice day xx

Meggymay said...

A fantastic vintage sewing page, great circle additions and so much detail.
Yvonne xx

WendyK said...

Fabulous page, just love the sewing theme, thank you.
Hugs Wendy

Neet said...

I adore your page Chris. Not that I am into sewing but i do like all things related to it when stamping. That sewing machine is a beauty. I still use mum's old one, it is all metal parts and I call it my "work horse". If I want to sew something a bit difficult I don't trust my new fangled one but mum's old one comes out and does the job in a tick.
Thanks for reminding me about sewing things
Hugs, Neet xx

Iris Flavia said...

Great page, fun idea. I have a Singer, too, but should not sing ;-)

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, love the sewing theme and lovely circled images and I enjoyed reading the little story.
Avril xx