Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 28 September 2021

Autumn's Blessings

Hi everyone, I know it's Autumn as the leaves are already falling - earlier than last year I'm sure. Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'Autumn's Blessings' and the Design team are definitely counting their own Autumn blessings - please take a look at them here.

I love seeing the colours in fallen leaves and have made my own little pile of leaves on my journal page.

I stamped my pile using masks to allow the leaves to overlap onto a background made with watercolour pencils and a water brush.Some smaller Crafty Individuals leaves were stamped around the larger leaves - Paper Artsy stamps, designed by Courtney Franiche. All were stamped using Distress Inks and then I added some text (another Courtney stamp) and a quote was stamped onto a scrap and torn in half.
My final touch was a spattering of copper coloured metallic paint and touch of additional colour top some of the leaves.
I hope this theme inspires you to join us. As usual the Try It On Tuesday challenge runs for two weeks and all kinds of entries are acceptable as long as it fits the theme.

I must confess to being very tempted when I saw this pile of leaves in a Paris park last week - I would have loved to run right through them.

Thank you for looking, Chris



10 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful colors and the texture of your leaves is amazing. Enjoy your day

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! I love your pile of autumn leaves, the layers, stamps and textures that you created look stunning. I've taken a few pictures of piles of leaves when on our walks recently too after crunching and kicking them in the air first though ...lol 😉. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a lovely week! Hugs Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

That is such a wonderful autumn piece for TIOT Chris. I love that leaf stamp you used a centerpiece (I do have it) and those vibrant shades of color. I'm with you. It doesn't matter how grown up you, running through leaf piles is such fun! Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

Gorgeous layering of your leaves Chris! And all that texture is just yummy! Have a fabulous fall! ((HUGS)) Helen

Rita said...

A pile of leaves is always so tempting!
Lovely page. Leaves and fall colors--ahhh! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a lovely page and a great deal of stamping, too. Your use of masks was brilliant, as were your splatters, something you don't normally do. That quote is beautiful, too.

Mrs.B said...

Love your page Christ with the 'pile' of autumn leaves in glorious colours and we both like this quote. I don't think I could have resisted kicking the leaves - but only if no one was about!
Avril x

craftytrog said...

Beautiful Autumn art Chris!
You never know what might be under the leaves! Lol! But fun to kick them :D
Hugs,
Alison

Tammy said...

What a stunning autumn page Chris! I love all of the different leaves you used, the Paper Artsy stamps are gorgeous, so many details!
Take care, Tammy

Meggymay said...

A beautiful autumn page Chris and I love how you created the pile of leaves, its a super quote you used as well.
Yvonne xx