Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 4 February 2020

Share The Love ....

..at Try It On Tuesday! It will soon be Valentines Day so we are in a romantic mood and the TIOT Design Team all have different aspects of love to show you!Please do take a look here.

I have made a journal page as I have been making a lot of cards recently and was keen to get back to my journal.

I started by stamping my favourite Crafty Individuals background stamp in the middle of the page and then added some spatter using the same ink. I started by stamping the quote directly on the page but didn't think it showed enough. I just happened to have been sorting out some envelopes so I grabbed red one and stamped the quote and tore it out. I had already cut out the book text heart (taken from my Arthur book) it had a name in the middle that I wanted to cover so carried on with the red envelope and a small punch to make lots of hearts to scatter on the page.
The doily was in my scrap bag and it was always going to be this couple - who have been together through good times and bad.
They have no need to be attached all the time, just happy to be with each other.

The TIOT challenge runs for two weeks and I hope to see what you make,remember, make anything you wish a long as it fits our theme!

I would like to enter at Art Journal Journey and Elizabeth's 'Hearts' theme


Thanks for looking, Chris 

14 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

That is a beautiful romantic page Chris. It's fun to see all the red and hearts. They have a slightly vintage feel too. Love that. I'm am glad you linked it up to Elizabeth's theme at AJJ. hugs-Erika

Rosie said...

A very beautiful page

Mrs.B said...

A lovely romantic page Chris and it's a wonderful quote, it's one of my favourite background stamps, fabulous in red.
Avril xx

Meggymay said...

A beautiful page Chris, the sentiment you added really appeals to me. There is romance in the air and you can feel the love they must share when looking at the page. Thank you for linking to AJJ , its a great page for the theme there as well.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful page! I love the colour palette that you used and the way you have incorporated the red throughout the design is stunning 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

Iris Flavia said...

This is beautiful! I also love the quote, so true! Irisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is absolutely STUNNING, Chris. I love how you positioned the focal images on the torn doily. Great idea. Thanks for also sharing this with us using my theme at Art Journal Journey, dear friend.

craftytrog said...

Fabulous page Chris! I love how you grounded that couple on a piece of doily! xx

Cath Wilson said...

A beautiful page that speaks of a happily married life, Chris. It speaks of contentment and peace. Love all your additions that make all the difference. The reds are great and red isn't always easy to use without overpowering everything else, but you added just the right amount. Lovely.
Cath x

Words and Pictures said...

I love the book page heart at the heart (!) of this, and a wonderful quote too. Gorgeous weathered wallpaper effect to the background stamping too - what a romantic page.
Alison x

J said...

Hi Chris Thanks for your earlier visit, I can never comment on your blog from my iPad but managed to go in from your comment!!
A lovely page, I have a roll of something that looks similar to your doily but never find anything to use it with, story of my crafting really.
We never go through France any more as it’s too much wear and tear on the car and us so Bilboa is much easier nowadays,
Hope it’s not too windy where you are, it’s pretty scary here in Kent.
Jan x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Beautiful journal page Chris, is shares a special message to us all. Love how you used limited colours with the design, so effective and creative. Thank you for sharing.
Sending Hugs your way Tracey xx

kathyinozarks said...

awesome journal page Chris hugs Kathy

Marjut said...

This is a very romantic and beautiful page, I like it!