Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 20 February 2020

Always!!!

Hi everyone! I'm here with another journal page but I can also share the good news that my glucose is restored to a much better level!
I had another review today following a change in medication and not only that my weight is down too(which I knew!)so...now I have another change in medication and more monitoring to do! 

I celebrated by finishing a journal page - to be honest it is nothing like it started, which was mop up, followed by stencilling and more stencilling! It was very bland and I covered it with some gesso and some brayered paint.
 I added some Brushos too, before stamping with my favourite stamp of the moment - the Crafty Individuals Eiffel Tower! You can get an idea of how tall it is in this A5 journal. I added an Aall and Create Tracy Evans A4 stamp (extended above slightly by double stamping. I stamped and cut out the hearts to emphasise them and drew around with a glitter pen! I doodled in opposite corners and then used an Oxford Impressions stamp for 'Paris'and wrote in 'toujours!..at least I thought I did - I missed out the u in jour and there isn't any room to add it! I didn't want to add the word on paper so it is staying as it is!
Everything was covered with some blue and gold spatters.

This page is being linked again to Art Journal Journey and Bleubeard and Elizabeth's Hearts theme

I have started to look forward to our trip even though it is not until April. I do hope it is sunny again when we go - I am getting tired of wet and grey days!

I hope that you are not experiencing any of the disasters that seem to be happening...at least here in the UK.

My blue sky page may give you thoughts of better weather!

Thanks for looking, Chris


10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

If it has an Eiffel Tower, it is sunny and bright. This is truly lovely. It has a lot going on and to be honest, had you not mentioned you missed the "u," I would not have noticed. Of course, I really love the hearts, too. This makes it even MORE special. Thanks so much for sharing this latest entry with us at Art Journal Journey using my theme.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Looks nice from the Eiffel Tower with its hearts and the background fits well as it looks so silvery!
That sounds good that they are feeling better again and for the holiday I hope that the weather is good. I also don't like the wet gray weather!
Greetings Elke

Helen said...

Glad your glucose levels are improving, great news. Fab page. Your trip will soon come round!

My name is Erika. said...

Your blue sky page is amazing. It is a wonderful tribute to Paris and for Elizabeth's challenge at AJJ. Thanks for sharing. And hurrah that your glucose is under control. That is good news for sure. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

Congrats on the glucose level! Sounds like the meds are doing the job :) It's hard to believe there was ever a bland element to this lovely piece.

Rita said...

Great news on the glucose!
I love when you have no idea where a page is going. Turned out really pretty. :)

Meggymay said...

It was good to read that things were going well for your health Chris.
Its a great page and I didn't notice the spelling, April will be here before we know it the days are passing so quick, your holiday will be here soon.
Thank you for joining us all at Ajj Chris.
Yvonne xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, love the added bits of gold sparkle, Paris is the City of Romance after all!,
Good to hear that you've got your blood sugar under control and loosing weight is good too.
Avril xx

craftytrog said...

Love your Paris page Chris! xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! The gruungy background with the Eiffel Tower and hearts looks so beautiful 😁. Thanks for taking me to Paris today, I have so many happy memories of our time there! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x