Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 2 September 2018

A first, a second and a fantasy!

I am having to limit my crafting time and computer time at the moment! I have a trapped nerve in my shoulder/neck (Doc couldn't tell where!) and some days are better than others! I'll keep on with the exercises the Doc gave me and hopefully normal service will be resumed....soon!!

First I have my Calendar Journal pages.
As you can see I have filled in the first day!
 I took an easy route to make it.

I added Distress Oxides ink to an acrylic block, spritzed it and kept adding more ink and spritzing to cover both pages. I then added some ink through a very large stencil.
The ferns were on my desk ready for another project that never got made.
The circles were punched from a piece of under paper that I had stencilled and stamped on - I added a seed head once they were cut.
The month was from an old calendar 
Here is August filled in! Feel free to enlarge!



As today is the 2nd of the month I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for a Second Look On The 2nd with something from September 2015 when we had our first trip by train through part of France(Troyes, Orleans, Tours and Poitiers, and I think we also had a couple of days in Paris too!)
As you can see it is a T Day post and if you come here on Tuesday I will tell you where we plan to visit later this month 
             ----------------------------------

I really shouldn't be here ….I have no time to sip my coffee today it's quick glugs and back to the painting but can't resist joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands for Tuesday!

 I have some photos from our France trip - some of the more unusual views!


I very nearly bought one of these
Lovely reflections
Love this curtain fabric



There were other coloured trees in this square too

I loved this No Entry sign by the Kebab shop in Orleans!!
 Two exhibits from an exhibition of containers in Tours Cathedral


A bride on her way to her wedding



The above three were in shop windows

…and because we are here for T

Ladies Tea and Gentlemans coffee - in a shop window in Orleans.
The shop was shut and we never went that way again!I hope this will do in the absence of my own drink - back to the painting now!!
         ------------------------------------------
I also have a page for Yvonne's theme at Art Journal Journey - 'A World Of Fantasy'

As you know I love Paris and have visited beautiful Palace of Versailles! I often wonder what it must have been like when Marie Antoinette was living there!
When I came across this stamp while I was having a tidy it seemed natural to indulge my fantasy!

The page was smooshed with Distress inks and I used the Prima image and lots of smaller stamps in different colours and framed it all with the stem from a Tracy Evans Heart balloon. Used DIs to colour the image too.

Hoping I can catch up but please allow me some time!!

I would also like to enter at Penny Black and More - September challenge - 'Make it Feminine'

Thanks for looking, Chris

17 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Oh I hope you are feeling better soon, I took a bad fall a couple days ago and the lasting pain is in my shoulder and upper arm-ugh-I slipped on a leaf in the rain
I always enjoy viewing all of your wonderful trip photos-love them all
Happy second on the 2nd and T Day too-hugs

Helen said...

hope the trapped nerve loosens soon! loving the calendar pages.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear about your trapped nerve and hope it "escapes" soon!

Your finished August page is lovely - one of my favorite color schemes and I love the quirky birds.

Your 2nd look makes me want to visit France. I remember the bride photo and the little creatures in the shop window. Those are really special.

You have a Marie Antoinette stamp?! That's a fabulous page for the AJJ challenge.

Happy 2nd! Eileen

Sharon Madson said...

Love, love your photos for a second post of your trip. Thank you for sharing. Lovely journal page, too. I hope you soon get better. I am currently having PT for my leg and shoulder. Pain is no fun! Sending hugs. Happy Second!

My name is Erika. said...

It is a pleasure to go back and see more of France Chris. And your calendars too. You always make the best calendars and well France, there is never a bad time to see views of France. I hope your trapped nerve is better very very soon. And happy new week too. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry for the late visit, but I had company all afternoon and evening. As always, your calendar pages put mine to shame. Even with your trapped nerve, your lovely September page is far more beautiful than anything I could ever make.

I remember that post from 2015. It was fun to read then and fun to re-read tonight. I especially loved the tea and coffee pouches and all the views of France, too. Thanks beyond belief for sharing it with us as your second look on the 2nd.

I suspect Yvonne loves this entry you have chosen for her theme. It's got a bit of humor and a fantasy for sure. I think it's fabulous and am so glad you shared it with us and also at Art Journal Journey.

brenda said...

A beautiful piece to reflect your recent trip, lovely soft colours and muted background and then the image of the lady.

Like you I have a fascination for all things Marie Antoinette and Versailles and love the TV adaptation, now sure how close it comes to fact mind you, still have to watch the latest series, it started when we were on holiday so recorded and with all the lovely weather saved for later.

Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

brenda said...

Meant to say, rest that shoulder and hope it soon improves. B x

Meggymay said...

A great post to read Chris and a super revisit post.
I think you know that I love your fabulous page for my theme at AJJ.
You found an awesome stamp to use and yes maybe I can imagine living in Versaillles. The fashion of those times was amazing, I don't know how they kept cool, but they were so out of touch with the common folk.
Yvonne xx
p.s. Chris this wasn't linked to AJJ and I hope you will add it when you can.
Hoping the pain with the trapped nerve eases soon as well.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amazing page for Yvonne's challenge 😁. The stamp is spectacular and I love the colours and beautiful design - "Oh là là!". Wishing you a happy and creative new week! J 😊 x

froebelsternchen said...

I am sorry to hear about your trapped nerve Chris! I hope you feel better very soon! Your calendar pages are wonderful - I just wrote on Eliazbeth's blog that I already quitted my attempt of an artsy calender already - I failed - I am just too chaotic!
I love the look back - amazing impressions worth to see twice. And the MA page is such a romance! Lovely and so feminine - I made a page for Wednesday at MOO MANIA & MORE and AJJ yesterday afternoon with a modern girl in a similar dress...
Great minds think alike...lol!
Thank you for this wonderful posting and the entry for Yvonne's AJJ theme! Take good care of you and get well soon!

Big hugs Susi

craftytrog said...

Wonderful photos and I love your pages Chris!
Happy new week,
Alison xxx

Linby said...

Gorgeous stamp and I love how you used it for your page, perfect for our challenge. Great photos too. TYFS.
Thanks so much for joining us at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x
DT

sheila 77 said...

Hope your trapped nerve gets itself untrapped soon, it can be so painful.
What a great read this blogpost is.
First of all I love reading about your travels and enjoyed all these different photos.
Your Marie A. piece is terrific, imagine having this stamp to hand. She looks great standing in her exotic background and I do like your use of the stamp to frame it.
And your calendars are great. September is all ready to see what happens next and I like the birdies on August reading and chatting about your adventures.

Mila said...

I hope your nerve improves soon. It is a beautiful page with a beautiful fantasy world.Hugs

Divers and Sundry said...

I don't know how I missed this T Tuesday post... but I love these varied scenes from France.

I hope the exercises work. I'm impressed that your doctor had exercises to recommend for your pain. Hope your recovery is speedy!

Words and Pictures said...

Came back in time to see what's up with your arm - so now I can go forwards through the missed posts in the right order! So sorry to hear about your trapped nerve - I've heard that can be extremely painful.

Great to see your filled in calendar pages, as always, and all those lovely photos from France - the sardine tin collection is fabulous. So glad Marie Antoinette turned up while you were tidying up - she looks magnificent on her page.
Alison x