Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 31 July 2018

T stands for.....Thanks, Tom and the bees!!

First of all my Thanks....to Yvonne for my fabulous package that arrived last Thursday..
 ..not one but two brilliant ATCs,and wrapped up inside this package...
....a really lovely collection of tissues and napkins..you will be seeing one of them in use soon!
Thanks also to all of you for being so encouraging during June and July for my guest stints at Simon says stamp Monday and Art Journal Journey. I have had such a great time (busy, but most enjoyable!)and I do hope I didn't miss out on commenting on any entries! 
Here is my last page - the flowers are for you!

 I use Dylusions spray and dabbed it with a paper towel and then added part of one of the magazine gelli print fails stamped with script. I added a Crafty Individuals flower stamp onto some book paper( a reminder here that Try It On Tuesday - Use Book Paper challenge is still running until next Monday!)and added a paper doll with some threads from some mending I did behind her! The quote is something I  hope we all get a chance to do!
Thanks also to Susi and Elizabeth for inviting me to be  guest host at Art Journal Journey, your encouragement above all has really made me smile!!

Okay...Tom....Cruise! We went to see Mission Impossible - Fallout today! I love every minute, especially seeing parts of Paris that we recognised! At times I was actually sitting on the edge of my seat!!
Some exciting chases and good one liners....and a decent plot!

The bees are in Manchester town city centre, they are all over the town and we saw some folk with location maps so that might be for another day! Meanwhile here are the ones we passed..
 You can just see the Cathedral roof and the Old Wellington pub is one that was moved 100meters so that a new shopping are could be built - it is often a meeting palace for football fans (the Football museum is just around the corner) visiting the city but it is always busy!


Now of course I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands for Tuesday 
I have gone back to France again as though we have had quite a few drinks out I keep forgetting to take photos!
I am pretty certain I haven't shown you these before - apologies if I have!

Breakfast on our last day in Paris, before our walk to Parc Montsouris.
I took the next two photos of the dining area when we returned to pick up our luggage.
There is also a book case full of art books to browse through 
 No, the steps aren't real!
We also saw these steps on our walk!
I have no idea who they are!!
This shelter is use for yoga groups  - on this day only two ladies were there.

I'll be around to visit as soon as I can, Thanks for looking, Chris

17 comments:

sheila 77 said...

Thanks for the flowers, Chris. I like the way you made the background. Your AJJ July theme was fun.
These steps! - how did they manage to do that?
The bees are tremendous too. I've seen cows but never large bees.

Divers and Sundry said...

What a fun public art display :)

Even if I had seen them before, you'll never hear me complain about photos of France ;) That's the kind of breakfast that would turn me into a breakfast-eater. I love the idea of dedicated park space for yoga. A welcoming space. Happy T Tuesday!

Meggymay said...

Fabulous photos Chris. I loved those bees in the city center and the film you went to see sounds a good one.
It is always a pleasure to visit France with you via the photos, those steps looked amazing especially the ones painted on the wall.
I love your journal page, the quote is lovely, you chose a great theme at AJJ and I did enjoy joining you when I could this past month.
Enjoy using the napkins, I'm pleased you liked them.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

Thank you for the beautiful flowers Chris.
Wonderful atc and gifts, and I always enjoy your Paris photos.
Wow those bees are really awesome!! enjoyed seeing those so much. The movie sounds great-I always enjoy his movies.
Happy T Day wishes Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh wow, I love those ATCs you received from Yvonne. Of course, she was very generous in her gift giving, too. I know you will be using those napkins soon.

I love your little paper doll with her flowers. You created a fabulous entry. I like how you took us through the process and how the lovely journal page was created. I loved how you used the threads, too. I agree that is a fabulous quote and wonderful thought. You have been a fabulous host, dear and Susi and I both appreciate how much you have created during this month. We are also thrilled you never missed a person with your kind and thoughtful comments. We are SO thrilled you joined us as our July host for Art Journal Journey.

WONDERFUL bees. I so enjoyed how each artist interpreted the project.

You have made me hungry and now I want a croissant. I like the size and shape of those mugs, too. Of course, the restaurant was cleverly done, too.

Great street scenes and steps that have a real WOW factor.

Thanks for sharing your journal page, the bees, the street scenes, and the coffee and breakfast in Paris for T this Tuesday.

My name is Erika. said...

Happy T day Chris. Thanks for a fun AJJ this month. Wow-can you believe it is over? I love seeing all your art, including today's piece, the bees and Paris. It's a fun post for sure. Happy T day Chris. Hugs-Erika

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a lovely parcel from Yvonne, it's good to know you already have your eye on how to use one of the napkins, look forward to seeing what you create.
Thank you for the flowers Chris, although I was only able to join in once it was a pleasure to link up. Hoping more me time will give me a moment or two to join in more. Thank you for hosting and sharing your art work.
Hope you have had a super break, your photography shows just how fabulous it all is.
Happy belated T Day hugs Tracey xx

CJ Kennedy said...

The witches brew ATC made me smile. There's trouble brewing there. A lovely journal page and sentiment. Will look forward to seeing the art goodies in your artwork. The bees are so cool. Wouldn't one or two of them look great in my Zensical garden. They might have to go into the bee relocation program
=^,.^= Loved the picture of your croissant and views of Paris. Missed seeing your Hubby pose for a drink pic. Happy T Day

froebelsternchen said...

Fantastic ATCs and amazing napkins and tissues from Yvonne! And thank you for the flowers and thank you from the botton of my heart for all the amazing pages and the fantastic hosting work you did this month for Art Journal Journey! I love this last beautiful page! Wonderful ! And I loved to see this amazing Paris photos - those insects are incredible! The film sounds super, glad you enjoyed it that much!
THANK YOU for all dear Chris!
Happy start of August for you !
Big hugs, Susi

johanna said...

i love to see these bright colored bees (though they remind me of the hornets under our roof...). good you had such a great art time during through the last weeks!! wonderful results:)
happy belated t-day (i´m always late if i can´t handle it tuesday in the morning hours;)) ♥

Let's Art Journal said...

I hope you had a lovely T Day Chris! The ATCs from Yvonne are amazing and how lovely to receive all the goodies too, that's so thoughtful 😁. Your page is adorable too and it's the perfect quote for the last page of your challenge, so uplifting and full of wisdom. Thanks so much for being such a brilliant host over at AJJ, I really enjoyed joining your challenge throughout the month and appreciate all your inspiration and kind comments. The bees in Manchester are fabulous and I enjoyed seeing Paris, the steps are amazing, not sure I would want to paint them though...lol 😉. Wishing you a happy and creative week! J 😊 x

Let's Art Journal said...

p.s. Not sure if you get a notification but you may have seen that I have unsubscribed from following your blog by email as I'm managing the blogs I follow another way, so I'll still be visiting as normal. Hugs J x

craftytrog said...

Thanks for the flowers Chris, it's a beautiful page!
I love the bees! My son who lives there has a Manchester Bee tattoo, that he got last year, in memory of the bomb victims.
Happy August,
Alison xxx

Sharon Madson said...

Beautiful post! I enjoyed seeing your art, and the ATCs you received. But , love, love your photos of Paris. I went over 25 years ago! Makes me want to look at my photos again. :) Have a great week!

Rita said...

Sweet gift! Love the bees. The gazebo draws you right in. Lovely post. :)

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely happy mail - what fabulous ATCs - and your page is so lovely too. She's one of my favourite Paper Dolls, and the words work beautifully with her expression. Looks like you've been enjoying more great days out too - thanks for always sharing the fun.
Alison x

Kate Yetter said...

Some really beautiful ATC's from Yvonne. Your Journal page is Lovely along with those photos from Paris.
Kate