Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 30 July 2018

Playing with new and old stamps!!

While we were away over the weekend I just had to call into Rowantree Crafts in Carnforth - I had ordered some stamps that hadn't arrived last time I called in....little did I know that they had arrived within minutes of me leaving the shop and although they chased after me and looked around the local supermarket(where I usually head for after a visit)it was the day I decided to treat hubby to coffee and we had left the car park! How's that for service??!!
The stamps were the second set of Darcy's new stamps at Paper Artsy(you may remember I used her other new set here!)
I hadn't taken a lot of things away with me so scribbled on a page with NeocolourIIs, added water to blend them....
...and stamping
I only had two stamps in my bag - a dotty stamp and a number stamp, I stamped the '0' only several times over sideways on and made a pattern with it.
When I got home yesterday(and after the Tour de France was over - what a great winner!)I added something I haven't used for ages - mica powder!
I stamped the images and cut them out.I used the bird house and the bird from two of Darcy's older sets.
I used a black brush pen to go around the edges of the images and had a bit of a slip up so gave the girl a little fringe. I added some dots with a gold pen.
The great thing about these new sets is the words that come with them - I used some from each set and cut the 'in' from another word.

This is my latest page for 'Art For Arts Sake' my theme at 'Art Journal Journey' 
I have so enjoyed seeing all the entries that everyone has made, been inspired to try some new techniques and been reminded about others! I am so grateful for the support I have had here too!

One last page tomorrow and it's T Day too!

Thanks for looking, Chris




9 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Fab page, Chris - sometimes it pays to limit our choice of supplies and this has turned out amazingly well :-) Love the colours, but I love Neocolours - haven't used mine for a few weeks, h'mmmm….

Have a lovely week.

Cath x

froebelsternchen said...

This page is so fun and beautiful! You we're simply amazing as our host! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the wonderful Inspiration and Work you put in your wonderful July theme dear Chris! Bugs, Susi

froebelsternchen said...

Sorry, have problems with the Tablet Here!

Helen said...

Loving your background, and the stamps are fab.

Meggymay said...

You created a super page with the supplies you had away with you. I love those new stamps.
The store you order the stamps from sounds a really caring and super craft shop.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Cool new stamps Chris. nd cool page you made using them. New stamps are always lots of fun to get in my mind. And inspiring for page ideas too, at least for me. Thanks for a great challenge this month. Hugs-Erika

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Seeing those neocolorII's make me so happy, I love them so much and they are a great travel companion. Fabulous background for your new stamps and what a great service from Rowantree Crafts especially in this heat.. They were worth that extra wait. Thanks for sharing Chris.
Creative Hugs Tracey xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a remarkable journal page, Chris. Seems we make do with what we have, and this is no exception. I love watercolor crayons, and even though mine aren't the same brand as yours, I love mine, too. Yours work so beautifully and make such a super background. Love the new (and used, but not old) stamps, too.

You are an excellent host dear Chris. We are so impressed with the art you have created, the new techniques you have inspired in many of us, and the use of materials we don't normally use. You have inspired many with your art and your generous and kind comments, too. Susi and I are truly thrilled you have hosted this month at Art Journal Journey.

Rita said...

They even tried to chase after you outside the store--wow! Customer service, for sure. These are such funny stamps. Very cute. :)