Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 27 July 2018

Green wings

I saw something while we were out recently that gave me an idea for a journal page - only thing is I can't remember whether it was a magazine cover or a shop window - it was the colours that stood out to me - I don't even remember that much else about it!
I set about making a green background, not quite the greens I wanted but I was happy with it.
I used distress crayons and then added some transparent 3D gloss gel through an AALL and create stencil by Autour de Mwa and a Carabelle Studio stamp spritzed with water to lift off some of the crayon.
I stamped some of Bipashas stamps onto white paper in black and green Versafine Clair ink - I like this ink as it does give a clear image when stamping details.
I cut them out and added some of them to my page.
I added some of Autour de Mwa's background stamps too along with a Bipasha bee and a Tracy Evan's flower. I found an image of a bird and part of a tea advert with the white flowers on as well as a couple of torn phrases from a scrap of book paper on my desk.
 I decided to split the word stamp by stamping YOU on the page and then cutting up the rest of the words that I had stamped onto white paper 
As I wasn't happy that the bee's wings didn't show I stamped them onto some green paper and cut them out and stuck them in place and then tore another piece of the black stamped protractor and stuck it over the green one in the top right of my page!
Finally black and white paints were spattered over almost everything!

This is just another page for Art For Arts Sake at Art Journal Journey that I really enjoyed making!

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

Helen said...

what a fabulous page!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW, you put a lot into this journal page. It is beautiful and filled with lovely detail. Your use of stencils and stamps always impresses me, and I really LOVE what you have done here. You are such a great host this month at Art Journal Journey, and we are simply thrilled to see this latest entry, dear Chris.

Redanne said...

A wonderful page Chris, you have used those AALLandCreate stamps beautifully and your page looks like it has some lovely texture too - what could be better! Hugs, Anne xx

Meggymay said...

This is an awesome page and collage of great stamped images. The shades of green you used are lovely.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

What a gorgeous page Chris. Those are super colors. And I really like the yellow bird amongst all the very mechanical looking bits. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

Perfection Chris ! I simply adore this page ! Gorgeous!
Elizabeth wrote it already! You are a fantastic host this month at Art Journal Journey and we are really thrilled to see this latest entry with so much amazing details and masterful made. I am also thrilled about the step by step photos you share! Wonderful!

Happy Saturday !
Hugs, Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amazing page - I love it! The colours are wonderful with the stamped images and I like the way you used the white paper - beautiful 😀. I have that protractor stamp on my wish list, that has me wondering if I've seen it on your blog before ...lol 😉. Happy weekend! J 😊 x

craftytrog said...

It's a gorgeous page Chris! xxx

Rita said...

Great page and quote! You are so creative. :)

Cath Wilson said...

Love this - great shades of green and great to see the process. Forgot to say I loved the cards, especially the Zinski ones... haven't looked at those stamps, yet... oops! I feel another spend coming on.

Cath x