Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 26 March 2018

T Stands for....two or three things!!!

Hi everyone! The first 'thing' is that we are getting a new car! The repairs for our old one were going to be way too high to justify repairing it!

I have an Easter card for you all too (which is also just right for some challenges!)
I have used some of my 'nice' paper for this card and one of Donna Gray's new That's Crafty sets featuring Freddy the cat! As you can see Freddy is out in the garden today and he has lost the mouse he was chasing amongst the (freebie) daffodils! I coloured everything with my Promarkers. A lot of masking and fussy cutting going on here but isn't Freddy adorable?

I would like to enter at 

That's Crafty March Challenge - Spring In to Action

Penny Black and More March Challenge - Feature a Creature

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Floral Frenzy

Another 'thing' is that at last the sun has been shining and we have managed a couple of walks!

Yesterday we went for a walk along by the River Mersey which is quite near to where we live.
We hadn't intended walking so far, but it was so nice that we headed in a different direction than usual! Hubby had already done this walk last year and kept assuring me that there was a bridge 'just around the bend' - he didn't say which bend and before we knew it we had walked over 3 miles!

We came across a part of the river with waves on it - which may have been caused by a change in the tide - any ideas anyone?

We finally reached the bridge - we took a short cut up quite a steep bank and found ourselves on a path by the bus lane!
We were on the home straight and passed a familiar landmark!
This little garden is by a path that leads to the road home!

Our walk today was lovely too! We went to Dunham Massey and it leads me to Bluebeard and Elizabeth's for T Stands For Tuesday!
You may remember the last visit here was for the Winter Garden at night






I love how they are using this old drawer set to grow Irises
This was one of quite a few bees - so lovely to see them!

The volunteers were getting moss out of the flower beds.
The Orangery is a lovely calm space

The last two shots are hubby's - he walked over to the lake while I was looking in the Orangery and the miniature daffodils were by the gate on the way out and I had put my phone away already!

You can see hubby's tea but I forgot to move my coffee over, his choice of cake was a fruit and yogurt slice while I had a fruit scone! The cafe was very busy and we could only find a table in the shade outside!

Oh! and one more thing, I was going to show more of my Gelli prints but I think you will have been here quite long enough, so I will make a separate post tomorrow!

Thanks for dropping by, I hope to be along a little earlier than I got to some of you last week! Chris

25 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

that is such a fun and unique Easter card with that great looking cat. Congrats on the purchase of a new car-you'll def. have to show us a pic or two:)
Oh how lovely and spring looking your walk about is. I love the way the old dressers are used to showcase the flowers- how clever! I keep hoping for the rest of our snow to melt and for warmer weather so I can really walk again like you. And your treat is much deserved after such a walk:) Hi to hubby, and happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

Love the card and how you have so many places to walk. Not just along the road like me, but places that seem to be beautifully landscaped too. I love the old furniture as garden pieces. That is pretty cool! Hope you have a great T day Chris. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

gorgeous photos, how nice to see the sun (ours from yesterday has been replaced by rain today!) Love the plants growing in the drawers.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful place you visited, lovely to see the flowers and I like how they have used the old chests of drawers. Glad you are getting a new car. Your scones look good, time to bake some here again. Have a happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a super Easter card Chris, doesn't Fred look so sweet amongst those perky Dafs, Thank you for sharing over at That's Crafty.
What a wonderful walk amongst nature, so good to see the face of spring with natural sunlight.. it puts a smile on all our faces. The chest of drawers reminds me of my Grandad's garden as he used an old chest to keep his spring bulbs in, happy memories.
Wishing you a wonderful week Tracey x

Lorraine said...

didsbury how posh lovely place..I have a cupboard at the side of the house so now I know what to do with it..full of daffs instead of the tip. Love all your photos

brenda said...

An adorable creation for our 'Feature a Creature' theme and what a lovely collection of photos. Many thanks for joining in at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous Easter card, your confused cat and mouse hiding in the daffodils is such fun - I love it ...lol 😉. It looks like it was enjoyable to make with the masking and fussy cutting too. It's so nice to walk in the sunshine again, isn't it and I enjoyed walking with you and seeing the sights, those springtime blooms made me smile 😁. Wishing you a very Happy T Day and Happy Easter too! J 😊

kathyinozarks said...

I just love your Easter card-and that face made me smile.
An awesome walk! so glad you took us along with you. I never would have thought to use old dressers for plants-I love it!
Happy T Day Kathy

kathyinozarks said...

I took another look see at all the photos and wow I missed the mouse hiding in the daffodils-so sweet!! Loved it we do not have that much blooming yet here

Divers and Sundry said...

Good luck on your car hunt. Oh, that walk! I know it was worth the unexpected length, and to top it off with that cafe treat is icing on the cake. Happy T Tuesday

jinxxxygirl said...

Oh!! A new car!! How fabulous for you Chris! MMmmm.. that new car smell...lol
I love to see all your garden photos.. I have to live vicariously thru them as the deer would eat all my flowers...lol I love seeing them so i cannot bear to try to keep them out.. They seem to love our hillside right now with all the new Spring grass.. Soon we will be seeing little babies... :) Freddy the Cat looks adorable on your card! I hope you have a happy T day! Hugs! deb

Carol said...

Oh How exciting... a new car!!!! I love the smell of a new car.
THe Easter card is beautiful ♥♥♥ I am so gals someone is seeing the sun! We are still having lots of rain. Tomorrow is forecast for a partly cloudy day so maybe we'll get lucky and get some sun. After that it's 4 more days of rains. SIGH :(
I love seeing all of the flowers on your walks. I finally have a few daffy's blooming and some other things budding out !!!!
Happy T Day!
Carol

Dianne said...

always adore your photos...I think there must be many more walking paths in Britain than in the US. here we have to drive quite a ways to find a hiking path. the photos with the blooming flowers are breathtaking! Love that cute Freddy the cat card-adorable! happy T day!♥

Meggymay said...

Its a really sweet cat image on your beautiful Easter card Chris.
All the photos looked wonderful, they must have been a lovely areas to walk in. I liked seeing the daffodils growing in the old set of drawers.
Happy T day wishes Chris and good luck with your search for a new car,
Yvonne xx

Lin said...

What a fun card - love those daffodils! I enjoyed your spring photos, too! Thank you for sharing all of this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Kate Yetter said...

I hope you find the right car. We are going to look at one tomorrow. It is a big decision seeing that vehicles are so expensive.
I loved your pictures but I would have to say my favorite one was of the daffodils in the vanity. How pretty and unique! I would certainly love to try something like this.
Your spring card is so pretty with the daffodils.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

A massive big thank you once again Chris for bringing Fred to life in your own wonderful style. Loving all the scenic photos too....maybe Spring will appear at some point soon!!
Thank you so much for joining us over at the That’s Crafty challenge blog too with your amazing card which of course I love although I’m not biased in any way....
Hugs
Donna xxx

catherine said...

Hi Chris- fabulous card.
Trying to get myself back into blogging again !!1
Looks like you have been on some beautiful walks and love your pictures.
Hope all is well
x catherine

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hate my keyboard. It always quits about the time I need it most.

I always enjoy your walks and would love to join you two one day. The Mersey. What wonderful thoughts I conjure up thinking about the song.

I enjoyed the view of you and T having coffee and tea (his is clearly in the photo). I think his cake would be more to my liking, but I would also love a real scone, too.

Thanks for taking us on these two walks and sharing your drinks and snacks with us for T this Tuesday. Again, sorry I'm late visiting.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Very cute funny card, Chris. I smiled when I saw the mouse hiding back there.

The three mile walk looks ike it was very worthwhile. Lovely views.

What in the world are those white things hanging down from an otherwise bare tree?! I've never seen anything like those. I love the desk and briefcase with the daffodils. How clever. It's very Tim Holtz-y.

I was VERY late to T this week and am glad to see you're still at the party - lol.

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

craftytrog said...

A lovely Easter card Chris!
Great photos of Dunham Massey too. We've been there a couple of times, it's a wonderful day out.
Alison xx

froebelsternchen said...

What a fabulous card and wow you have so many amazing places to walk. The old furniture as garden pieces are superb. Happy belated T-Day Chris. Hugs, Susi

sarascloset said...

Oh, my, that is the cutest kittie! I almost missed the mouse. He was doing a great job of hiding! Fabulously funny Easter card!

Loved seeing your photos; some very interesting flora! People use dressers here for their floral displays, too; such a clever idea. But that looked like a pretty nice dresser to be dumping dirt into! Ha! ha! Hugs!

Fliss said...

A really pretty card Chris and love how you've used Donna's adorable Fred too. He looks lovely with the flowers.
Thanks for joining in with our Spring challenge at That's Crafty! and wishing you luck.
Fliss DT xx