Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 21 November 2016

T Stands for …….the best of days!

As I may have mentioned hubby and I have been on a Breadmaking Masterclass! The workshop was bought for a Christmas present - and we have just got around to using it but I have to say the wait was worth it! 
Since we booked the day, Peter Sidwell's Simply Good Taste cookery school has re-located to a little farther away, but to such a beautiful spot! 
Blencathra was covered in snow on Saturday and
I didn't hang around outside enough to take photos!!!
There are some great courses coming up and we are already talking about taking another one, see the link here for some photos and courses - we are spoilt for choice!

Saturday's bread making was led by Kate Copeland and everything was at a very relaxed pace starting with a cup of delicious freshly ground coffee!

There was just us and another couple, Brendan and Cathy and we all got on really well.
We had quite a lot to get through and were provided with a little pile of recipes
We got our aprons on and got started.
 Kate demonstrated and explained everything so well.
The sourdough went into these willow baskets to prove.

Hubby though it was fun to grab my phone to show me stretching my ciabatta dough…and then getting it off my hands!! 
With some more dough made it was coffee time…. 
As we are here to join Bluebeard and Elizabeth for T Stands for Tuesday I must tell you - it was so delicious!
It was good to sit down for a break too...
…and watch our dough prove.
We went back and continued to make more dough and then it was lunch time!
By this time Peter had arrived and was keen to show off his new table top pizza oven
We all made our lunchtime pizzas.
Here's hubby making his..



We ate and then Peter carried on making some goodies(some of which we tasted)for an event he was providing food for…

 ….and we all went to find out how to shape our ciabattas.. 
 …and then our brioche and focaccia 
Then it was another coffee(and prune and ginger brownies - I had a taste of hubby's - yum)while some bread cooked and the rest continued to prove

 I was so pleased with my results and as I said in my title - the best of days, which has me enthusiastic about cooking again!
We had some bread for our tea with a pasta - sorry too tired for photos, but this was our breakfast on Sunday morning, sour dough toast and fruity brioche bread!

Elizabeth asked me if I would be sharing with our boys, the answer is yes - if they want some - one refusal so far! 
Boys (and grandchildren), Thank you so much for this fabulous present!

Thanks for looking, Chris

18 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

OMG-those super yummy looking breads and pizzas could be the death of me Chris!!! A table top pizza oven-wow! It's been a little while since making bread and brioche from scratch but you have me hungering for it now. Sounds like a great way to share time with hubby and enjoy eating the end results:) Happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have a gem of a husband, Chris. He looks like he is having as much fun as you. I liked how you showed him making his own pizza and how he grabbed your phone to show you all gooey with bread. You two have SO much fun whatever you do.

There is lots of tempting bread, food, and drinks that you shared with us. Now I've got to grab a cup of coffee, after all those beautiful photos of all you made.

Thanks for sharing this fun experience with us for T this Tuesday. So glad to read you are feeling better. I've put the three toed frog back in the box!

Divers and Sundry said...

Now, this _does_ look like great fun :) All the breads look tasty, and I'd gladly take one of those cups of tea with mine, please ;) I've never seen a tabletop pizza oven, and in fact, I've never realized there was such a thing. So cool! Happy T Tuesday :)

Helen said...

what a great gift that was, and a wonderful time you had - I'd be struggling to eat all the bread before it went dry though... and the coffees looked fantastic too!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your bread and pizza look soooo yummy, that course was wonderful. I bet the aroma of the goodies baking was fantastic! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

What an interesting day for both of you and wonderful things to eat as well. So pleased you enjoyed it and thank you for sharing the day with us

Happy T Day

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

Just one word from me this T-Day!:
FANTASTIC..
and I am glad that I had a very substantial breakfast already, otherwise my mouth would get watery now!
Happy T-Day!

Meggymay said...

Oh My, that looks to have been a FANTASTIC day. You all look like you were really enjoying the bread making. Even better to have your own bread to take home.
Thanks for sharing your photos and your delicious breads.
Happy T day
Yvonne xx

johanna said...

mouth watering post! everything Looks so interesting and yummy! i´m sure i´d enjoy such a course also!
happy t-day!

Darla said...

What a great gift. It looks like you had a wonderful day with all the bread making and tasting. I could easily be addicted to bread so the class might have been dangerous for me, LOL!

Lisca said...

Wow! That was a great present! I wish I could have been there too! The bread looks delish and it looks like you had great fun. Will you be breadmaking at home now?
I have never heard of a table top pizza oven. Your hubby's pizza looks very yummy indeed.
I am writing this at 1:30 and it is making me hungry. We will be going out to lunch soon but the bread will not be as nice as yours...
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Let's Art Journal said...

What a wonderful Christmas present, it looks like you had so much fun! Your bread looks so delicious and I bet the smell of them baking was heavenly :-). The pizza oven looks so cool and your hubby sure does make a delicious looking pizza - I know what we are having for lunch today! Thanks for sharing your wonderful day and wishing you a very Happy T Day! Jo x

jinxxxygirl said...

What fun to learn something new with your hubby.... And everything looks sooo goood!! Hubs and i once spent months pouring ceramics together... What fun! We don't have a whole lot in common so it was fun to do something together.. Happy happy Tday! Hugs! deb

Anonymous said...

lovely baking and what a trendy pizza oven..I love baking too when winter is here

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous day, so glad you enjoyed it.. Making bread is one of my favourite things :) xx

My name is Erika. said...

I've never done a bread baking class, but I took 2 general baking classes and I loved them. Now you have made me want to take a bread class. How fun! This is a great post. That pizza looks delicious too! Hugs-erika

Dianne said...

Oh my goodness, I think bread-making totally qualifies as ART! Looks wonderfully delicious...I do love bread! and coffee too. the class really sounds delightful, and that little pizza oven is remarkable. Happy Autumn Chris! ♥

Karla B said...

I wish I could be there to enjoy your bread-making class!Fantastic Chris!What a fabulous day my friend!