Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 7 September 2015

Home from Home!

We have just returned from a few days away at our caravan, although probably at the moment I should say we've dropped in at home for a couple of days to pick up mail etc.!(and to pick up GD from school again, starting this week)

We both love spending time there, not just because of the fabulous views but because we relax more! 
We love to go out and about - the Vintage by the Sea was on at Morecambe over the weekend(photos to come)but we love the sunsets, walking by the canal and I especially love watching the birds.
This weekend I counted 29 sparrows resting on the hedge in the sun!
just a few of them
they ate quite a lot of food

the view from where I sit!
We watch the Jackdaws disappear over the crag





I even caught the dawn the other morning!
I also have some crafting supplies at the caravan so this weekend using a page in my journal I made this page
Some torn mop up paper towel which may have been from making the little scrap with my Dina Wakely 'strong' woman 'from the past', the bird, also Dina Wakely has been framed with a border stamp. The quote is from a free magazine set, as is the heart and the scroll.

I would like to enter in

  
and also to link to

I hope you enjoyed the peep through mine!

Thanks for looking, Chris

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks like you had a great time, thanks for sharing the lovely photos and for linking to Art Journal Journey, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous photos from the caravan and a beautiful art journal page. The sunset and sunrise were incredible.

Helen said...

Fantastic photos, Chris! great journal page too.

chrissie said...

How wonderful to be able to see all the sights from your caravan. No wonder you love being there.

Your page is terrific with wonderful images to admire

Love Chrissie xx

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful photos and glad you had a relaxing time - love the journal page and quote xxx

froebelsternchen said...

Beautiful photos Chris - a great landscape to enjoy! Thank you for sharing the photos and thank you for this beautiful page you made and linked to Art Journal Journey!
oxo
Susi

Notations of a Crafter said...

Lovely photos and page and thank you for joining in the fun at the Artistic Stamper

Anonymous said...

Fantastic views from your caravan. No wonder you like to spend time there. Wonderful. I would too. My back yard birds are so plentiful. Sparrows galore and many of the small birds here as well. Hawks and eagles too. xox

Meggymay said...

Lovely photos Chris, can see why you enjoy the caravan with those super views. Its a fantastic page. great additions to the super background.
Yvonne xx

sirkkis said...

Lovely photos and your page is beautiful,
hugs xx

Mrs.B said...

Love the journal page Chris, and I do like the picture from your window. Love the photos you shared.
Avril x

Pawsitively Creative said...

Spectacular views and I can see why you relax more when you are there. What a wonderful way to spend the day and I am sure it invokes the creative mind. Awesome sauce LO in your journal and the sentiment is perfect! Lovely background as well. Hugz! ~Niki

catherine said...

Wonderful page Chris and glad you are having some relaxing time away
x catherine

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous page Chris, and how wonderful you could do it while away in the caravan. I'm not surprised you love it so much, going by the photos, it does look so beautiful and serene!

~*~Patty S said...

What a perfectly lovely view from your window reflected beautifully in your lovely journal page.
I try to live by those words Chris.
Your photos and words had me imagining the sound of all of those birds too :-)
Thank you for sharing.
oxo

Sandy said...

Love this -- I am trying to do that more and more. I will be 71 this year and I know how time flies. We all deserve to be happy!
Sandy xx

Gibby Frogett said...

What a wonderful post, so glad I stopped by - love your artwork and what a great quote. Lovely photos - and super views... Have a lovely weekend... Gill x

Words and Pictures said...

It looks like such a magical place - I always look at the photos with such pleasure (and who needs a sea view on top of that - that would just be greedy!!). Lovely page - the depth of colour in the background and the delightful little bird just make me happy.
Alison xx