Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 21 April 2024

Shaping up...or not!

Hi everyone, it's all happening here! We have had workmen just outside creating a lot of dust by using a grinder, the mess they created is still to be cleaned up and the rain on the dust turned everything to a white mud. Fortunately the sun has been shining for the last two days, although the temperature hasn't risen so much.

I have had yet more changes to my medication following seeing the nurse - my sugar levels weren't dropping and test results showed a hormone problem which means I am now having weekly injections. As I only had my first one on Friday it is not showing much change in my levels as yet.

However I did get to visit the craft show at Port Sunlight. I got a few sneaky peeks at some new realeases coming up too. Yes, I did have a little spend too. Earlier in the week we had a little bit of sun that allowed us to visit Tatton Gardens before the afternoon deluge hit, huge hailstones too!

I made this page over several days for Valerie's 'Geometric Forms' theme at Art Journal Journey.


  I covered the page with squares and rectangles using scraps of paper.

Next came a coat of white paint and some squared washi tape. I used a stamp I have had for a long time, bought in France, it had some shapes on that too. I added some triangles with a stencil and some text with a stamp.

Thanks for looking, Chris





6 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I like your page a lot Chris. All those paper scraps really pulled together with your images. And I can now relate to you trying to get your sugar adjusted. Miss Maddie has developed diabetes and we've been having a hard time getting her to the right insulin level. Being a dog we've had to do a lot of guessing by her behavior since she can't tell us anything. Happy new week. hugs-Erika

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Great layered page Chris all elements used work beautifully with the colour strips and stamp brings them all together... wonderful.
I hope your sugar levels soon balance I know how debilitating it can be and that the workmen soon finish what they have started..
Hugs Tracey xx

Rita said...

I hope they can figure out what you need to keep your levels good.
Lovely page!
I'm sure you will show us the goodies you bought. ;)

Viv said...

Another great page Chris.
Thought about Port Sunlight.... but then decided my bank balance wouldn't be happy!
Hope the jabs kick in soon! x

Let's Art Journal said...

I hope your sugar levels are better soon ❤️. Port Sunlight must have been so much fun and I'm glad you treated yourself to some of those crafting goodies. Your page is beautiful, I love the papers that you combined. Take care and wishing you well! Hugs, Jo x

Joan said...

I love your page Chris, great mix of papers. I hope you get your sugar levels sorted soon too. I'm a bit green with envy that you got to Port Sunlight! I so miss going there and I think that is where we were first introduced to each other.

Joan x