Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 14 June 2022

Recycle at Try It On Tuesday

I wonder any one else has my 'problem'? Whenever I am about to put something in our recycling bin I look at it to see if I could use it in any way! I then ask myself why my craft room is getting so full!

Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'Recycle' and I am pleased to be using something that has been in a box for a while now. 

I love the make of soap that has containers this shape (I don't buy it often as it is above average price but when it's on special offer I treat myself)
I love napkins that I can use in my crafting but this design is one I took on a family picnic - there were quite a few leftover - funny that!

To use napkins it's important to remember that they are usually made up of three layers of tissue so the two back layers have to be peeled off(they come in handy as mop up paper)
See this handy tip from Elizabeth

I decided to use two layers of patterned paper as the pattern is quite random. I tore pieces and stuck them to the container using Multi medium gel but any 'clear dry' glue (watered down if you wish) will do!
I was pleased with the way the pattern showed through the top layer.

I finished it off with a scrap of lace and an orange gem.

The TIOT Design Team have some excellent ideas for recycling so I hope you can take a look here.
You can also find out rules there too.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose to recycle, as usual you have two weeks to enter.

Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

Helen said...

This is so pretty Chris! I love using napkins as well and the one you used is gorgeous!! Have a fabulous week! ((HUGS) Helen

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous idea, what a pretty vase you made. I also have great problems throwing things away and I know that I MUST start! Hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

what a lovely vase you made with that pretty napkin- great idea Chris!

Divers and Sundry said...

How pretty! That would make a nice gift.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a beautiful recycled project! I love the napkin design that you used to create this vase, it looks so amazing 😀. Thanks for the inspiration and sending you Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I have exactly the same problem Chris but it's such a good feeling when we can give new life to something we would have otherwise discarded. The napkin is so affective and I do love it's lace trim. A lovely piece of home decor.
Creative HUgs Tracey xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a project after my own heart, Chris. I love how you layered two different napkins over that bottle. This turned out amazing, Chris. It is beautiful and will be good for several seasons of the year.

Meggymay said...

A fabulous project Chris and the container was a great shape, much to interestin, great inspiration for the new theme.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

What a gorgeous little vase you made Chris!