Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 20 November 2019

Playing...for a little while...

I haven't had much play time lately,although today my little craft group, usually known as the Messy group had a day making Christmas cards and sharing a light lunch! It was our last session before Christmas although we have said that we may get together in smaller groups to use up some of the paper mountain that had been donated!

Look at this fabulous pear shaped dessert the the chef made - poached pears and plums with cream and ratafia biscuit! - it was delicious!

I have also made a journal page for Rike's 'Fruit and veggies' theme at Art Journal Journey

I used a stencil randomly over the page and some text stamping, then used a Stampendous berry stamp and Paper Artsy's Sarah Naumman bird on a branch.I used an old toothbrush to create some dust around the tree.......
....the other day a flock of starlings flew into the Rowan tree at the caravan and almost stripped what remaining berries there were! 
There were around 40 of them but they started to fly off when they saw me! I have never seen such a flurry of feathers and snatching at food!

The blackbirds will have to look elsewhere, but having had all of my blackcurrants and most of the blackberries, they didn't go short this year!

It is also my AEDM entry for today

Yesterday I made this for AEDM and the Carabelle Studio AT stamp challenge - the topic was sewing
Thanks for looking, Chris

16 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

OH you made a wonderful berry page Chris. I like using dots to make the berries. It feels like fall. And your dessert looks quite delicious and also so fancy. Nice. It sounds like you had a super fun day.Enjoy the rest of your week. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

I love your art pages Chris, your pear dessert looks so good too-sounds like a very fun craft day-Hugs Kathy

Helen said...

love your berry page! I bet the tree full of birds was a great sight, shame they were camera shy!

Marjut said...

Lovely page and a dessert looks very delicious,

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your craft day with your friends sounds amazing and that poached pear looks delicious 😁. I'm loving your berry journal page, the way the background has blended with the stamping, birds and berries looks stunning! Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Too bad you didn't share this post for T Tuesday. It would be perfect. I may have to poach some pears.

That's an amazing journal page. The berries really shine. It's a wonderful journal entry for Rike's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. I fell last night and hurt my left arm BADLY. Typing with right hand only, so keeping everything short today.

Rike said...

This dessert with the pear looks very delicious - it fits also to my theme at AJJ :)
Your journal page is just wonderful with these stamped berries and the two black birds ready for "hunting" them. It's cool that there is a story behind your created page! Thank you for linking it to my theme!

Mrs.B said...

A great journal page Chris, the blackbirds are definitely eyeing up those berries.
Your crafty day sounds good and the food looks delicious.
Avril xx

froebelsternchen said...

Wow, I Love Thema page anderen the food! Thank you for joining AJJ again der Chris!

Rita said...

Great berry page and I loved the story of the starlings. I think it's always fun to see a big flock of any kind of bird. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

That plate is so pretty, and tasty-looking. I love your blackbird and berry art. I expect them to fly back to the berries any minute now, as you describe your starlings doing :)

Meggymay said...

A wonderful page Chris, the birds are really eating up all the berries here as well, I hope they leave some for the later winter months.
Yvonne xx

Linda Kunsman said...

such an elegant, decadent looking dessert-yum! Love the soft colors of your journal page with the birds silhouette.And seeing so many blackbirds flying at once is quite fascinating.
I'm enjoying your stamp challenge art!

Gerrina said...

Your page looks so good; that is a beautiful way to incorporate the theme in a "soft"way! Hugs, Gerrina

craftytrog said...

Your page is beautiful Chris, and I love your ATS! Dessert looks very tasty!
Alison xx

Words and Pictures said...

I just love the birds eyeing those huge berries - those should keep them going through the cold months! Beautiful background colours too, and I love your tiny sewing "stamp" - delightful. Poached pears... one of the greatest puddings ever!
Alison x