Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 14 November 2019

ATStamps and Kew

I realised I haven't shown you my latest ATstamps for the Carabelle Studio Instagram challenge 
Day 12 Fairies
              Day 13 Drink
               Day 14 Greenery
.......or any more Kew photos...

I had seen so many of Helen's Kew photos that I knew what was next..
 ..well actually, I didn't know that the Pagoda had dragons from top to bottom....
 ....the Niijima Floats I was expecting to be beautiful...

 ...and they were, from every angle!
The raked patterns would have impressed my Dad.


 There were lots of folk around..so I moved across a bit...
 ...that's better!
 Of course Kew isn't the tranquil haven you might expect, being close to the Heathrow flightpath..but hubby enjoyed seeing the planes
The Japanese Garden is quite a recent addition.





 Lots of lovely Autumn colours on our way to the Temperate house
!
We'll take a look inside soon!

Thanks for looking, Chris

6 comments:

Helen said...

the Japanese Garden looked so empty last Saturday, without the Nijima Floats! so glad you've shared a few more of your Kew trip. more please!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

After reading Helen's blog about the Pagoda, I knew about the dragons all the way to the top and all the way around. She explained when they were repaired and updated last year.

The Nijima Floats were my favorite of all the Chihuly art. Those blown glass beauties really made a big hit with me. I'm SO, so glad you took so many shots and you also shared the Landscape sign. It put it into perspective for me.

I can't wait to see more, Chris. But you have truly covered the area that fascinated me the most and for that I am so grateful.

My name is Erika. said...

Love the stamps, but I was especially interested in these views of Kew. Wow. That is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing Chris. I am really enjoying the from my couch trip to Kew. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm fascinated by the stamp-looking edges to your ATStamps. These look like fun to make :)

What an interesting garden design!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful Artist Trading Stamps! Kew Gardens is a fabulous place and I loved seeing the dragons and Japanese gardens 😀. The autumnal leaves and trees look stunning too - I love it! Happy Friday and wishing you a lovely weekend too! Hugs, Jo x

Meggymay said...

The stamps looked amazing Chris, so much detail on a small area.
All the photos again were beautiful, I really liked the ones you shared of the Japanese gardens.
Yvonne xx