Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 2 December 2018

A first, a second and a sneaky peek!!

I've been having a busy weekend! Yesterday we went out to do our usual shop but on our way home realised that our monthly Makers market (on the first Saturday of each month) was on in the main road in our part of Manchester - not far from our home in the old village! 



We walked up after lunch, had a little look around and bought a few items and then decided that as it wasn't raining (for once!) we would take a little walk around the outskirts, coming back by the river.
It was on our return the I realised I hadn't got my calendar journal prepared!
Here it is - just in time for the 2nd!!
I sprayed the page with turquoise, green and gold inks and stamped the JOFY trees on the right onto the mop up paper! More JOFY trees on the left were coloured with distress markers! 

I am also sharing a post from 8th December 2013 with Bluebeard and Elizabeth and A second look on the 2nd
                                 ----------------------------------------------------------------
I don't seem to be able to copy the post and it seems to doing all sorts to the post I had written so far so please follow the link to see who inspired me to make this little Christmas lamp!

Finally I have a little sneak peek of a couple of things I made for Crafty Individuals, who are on Hochanda TV on Monday at 12.00 and 16.00. 
Some shows are played on rewind on the internet after the shows have been aired - here is the link for Hochanda Rewind - I have just spotted something I missed that I would like to see!!!!


So, after church, a failed trip to see my youngest son and a coffee at Marks and Spencer's this morning (where we shared a piece of complimentary cake!!)I am going to settle down and watch Dr Who!

I hope you enjoy your final part of the weekend! 
Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Helen said...

I'm just watching Dr Who whilst I read this! Sounds like you've have a busy weekend. I went to Kew twice (Friday night for Christmas at Kew and yesterday!) Love your calendar pages.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your sneak peeks were so sneaky, they felt like not much of a peek at all. I hope to see what you created on the rewind show.

Your Makers market looked interesting and entertainment, too. Your latest calendar pages are fabulous. Did you consider sharing it with Moo-Mania and More? Their theme this fortnight is Trees and your December calendar page would qualify nicely.

I really enjoyed your second look today, especially since it was a first look for me. I thought your light was brilliant and I see it won something, too. As much as I liked Alison's examples, I liked yours better. Of course, her candles were over the top, especially the large one! Thanks so much for sharing this second look with us as your second on the 2nd entry today.

Meggymay said...

It sounds like you have had a very busy and full weekend Chris..
Your sneak peek looks interesting Chris, I will try to catch the program.
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

You are always so busy-which is nice. The market made for a nice walk too. I loved your second look, and I also really liked your new calender pages
Happy second on the 2nd-hugs Kathy

Lisca said...

Oh what a beautiful lamp! Did you put a nightlight in it or does it have an electric bulb? I love the frosty/snowy effect.
The market looks interesting. You didn't tell us what you bought though.

Cath Wilson said...

Love your December calendar pages, Chris but I really, really love the second share - fab work! Your village looks really interesting. It's not like that here, lol... but we have had a few Christmas fayres on in the churches. Look forward to seeing your CI makes... exciting :-)

Cath x

Cath Wilson said...

Oops! Forgot to mention that gorgeous lamp! Must go check where the link goes... Cath x

My name is Erika. said...

Your November calendar was the color of my month I think. (smile) I do love your latest December piece, with that little bit of sparkle! And I am glad you had a nice day to walk. I could use some more walks so reading that you got to walk makes me jealous. We had so much rain today a walk would have been more like a shower. Nice look back too Chris. Happy December. hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad the weather was cooperative so you could take a nice walk. I like the trees on your December calendar. Lovely colors. And that lamp is a treasure :) "Complimentary cake"?! Sign me up! lol

froebelsternchen said...

Your December calendar pages are beautiful Chris andI love the second look lamp- wow - I will try to see the show, will see if it works for me with the rewind! Your sneak peeks look so very good!
You are always so busy - happy Lady. The market looks super! Love the band!!!
Hugs Susi

sheila 77 said...

The market looks fun and I do like a pipe band outside, especially one marching.
The light does look special so I and going to have to look to see how you made it.
Your December calendar page looks lovely and Christmassy with these festive trees.