Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 29 December 2017

Joy!

I have two tags remaining to show for Funkie Junkie Boutique's sponsored challenge - 12 tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie style! 
I have enjoyed taking part, even though I did start very late! Linda's inspiration for each tag has had me looking through my craft stash and sometimes using things that have been long forgotten!

For tag 11 I have once again made a card - I loved the main focus on Linda's card but alas don't have the stamps once again!

The strip across the centre I could do, and used some lovely chunky lace. I decided that one of my Dina Wakely scribbly birds(posing as a Robin) could stand on a branch and sing - which led me to the sentiment from a freebie set.
I stamped some music across the card and by chance a little pad I
had on my cart at the side of me had some music paper in it so I tore off a corner to balance the sentiment I had stamped on to a punched circle.

I'll be back later with the final tag, meanwhile we are off to the cinema(I know, second time this week) with our grandchildren to see Jumanji!

Thanks for looking, Chris

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are going to get these in just under the wire, aren't you, dear Chris. I know the feeling of not having the right products to play with. That happened when I joined in the altered playing cards. At least you have products that you can substitute, where I was always left floundering. This is another beauty, and I really like how you used the lovely bird and music stamps. Another winner in my book.

froebelsternchen said...

This was a fantastic challenge for you, wasn't it?
Great card again- unique and just SPECIAL! - super that you could use forgotten stuff - that's always a good thing for us!
Happy start into 2018 just in case we don't read from each other until then!
oxo
Susi

Barb said...

I love this Chris. Your little fat robin is gorgeous. I look forward to visiting you again in 2018. Wishing you and your hubby a very happy and healthy new year. Barbxx

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the combination of the bird, the music, and Joy -and your "chunky lace" :) I don't follow this challenge, so your pieces are all I'm seeing of it. I love what you're creating in this series.

Rita said...

Pretty card. Love the chunky lace.
Happy New Year! :)

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, he is just perfect, and he looks lovely with the layered lace and paper - a really grungy natural look to this which I love! Must remember to get those scribbly birds out in 2018!
Alison x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is wonderful, Chris! Love the colors and the lace is gorgeous. Beautiful stamped music and the sentiment is lovely. Great work on #11. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.

Hugs,
Linda

sarascloset said...

Chris,this turned out wonderfully! I love that music stamp in the background, and the robin looks fabulous--reminding me of warmer weather ahead! Love the grungy feel to this design! I hope you had a joyful Christmas and best wishes for the New Year! Hugs!