Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 28 December 2017

Favourite Funkie tag, favourite film…….

We went to the cinema today but first I have another Funkie Junkie tag - the 8th of 12 tags Of Christmas Funkie Junkie style! 
The tag was my favourite (although tomorrow's is a contender for that title) The Funkie Junkie Boutique is sponsoring the challenge and offering prizes too! Linda's tags have all been so different with lots of different techniques!
I tried to keep as close to Linda's as I could with the materials I had! I love the colour scheme (my favourite super market has similar Christmas colours in it's cafes)
 I had just one piece of white corrugated card(so I have horizontal stripes) and instead of Velum I used tissue paper on top! Linda used Worn Lipstick DI but I added a little Ripe Persimmon in there as well. As you can see I added it to a pearlised blue card which also stamped with little snowflakes.

We went to see Hugh Jackman in The Greatest Showman which is the story of P T Barnum and is a brilliant musical! I may have mentioned that one of my favourite films is Baz Luhrmann's Moulin Rouge, well, this is a good second to that! Okay, so I am a huge Hugh Jackman fan too, but the sets and the dance numbers were brilliant and for those a lot younger than me there's Zac Ephron in it too!
Hubby was tapping his feet too and that's always a good sign - his comment this evening when I asked him what he thought to it was "Acceptable and good music!"

Thanks for looking, Chris


9 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Gorgeous tag Chris. you are the second person to tell me they loved the film. I hadn't thought about going to see it, but maybe I need to. have a wonderful Thursday. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag and glad you enjoyed your film. Hugs, Valerie

Marjut said...

So beautiful tag.

Helen said...

Gorgeous tag, Chris - glad you enjoyed the film; from the trailers it does sound wonderful

Redanne said...

Your tag is beautiful Chris, the corrugated card underneath looks wonderful! I love HJ too and have seen the adverts on TV, it does look pretty amazing. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and very best wishes for 2018! Hugs, Anne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is adorable. You know how much I love to recycle and the corrugated cardboard made it simply perfect.

I've seen the previews and they sound good. I'm thrilled you liked it.

And in case I failed to mention it before, thank you beyond belief for the beautiful Christmas gifts.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like everything about this lovely tag -the design, the colors, the depth and texture :)

I haven't seen either of these movies. I'll hafta add them to my list. Thx!

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely use of that alternative colour palette (I chickened out!), and your layered banner and snowflakes look so pretty.
Alison x

sarascloset said...

Such a pretty take on Linda's tag, Chris! I love the embossed layer with the tissue laying over it! Beautiful! Happy New Year!