Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 10 December 2014

WOYWW 288

Hello there WOYWWers! I have not been here for a few weeks, I began to feel so guilty about not getting back to comment to folk who had been kind enough to leave a comment on my blog that I decided to stay away! I know - silly aren't I? The trouble is that if we go away to our caravan the connection is now so bad that sometimes I don't even have a phone link(fortunately hubby has, but is only on pay as you go)and I STILL haven't got around to changing my phone!!
Okay, enough ranting or I'll be in trouble with Julia who really wants us to link up and show our desks - you can find her at the Stamping Ground and there are details there about how to join in if you are just popping in to see why the strange title!
My desk has the last of the cards for posting….
…(oops! a bit out of focus!)and then I must get on with some Birthday cards - we're a bit of a December bunch(including my own) and I have 4 to make before Christmas!!

No cinema today but I'm off for my Diabetic eye screening today(stinging stuff in my eyes - ugh!!!!)

Last week we went to see 'The Imitation Game' which we both really enjoyed - it is the story of Alan Turing who invented the Enigma decoding machine leading to the invention of the computer.

Edit - just come back to say that if there is verification number box to fill and you are on blogger please ignore it and go straight to publish - don't know about other blog providers - for some reason blogger seems to think we need it - huh!!!

Hope to get to visit soon, Chris

15 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Chris. No crafting after your eye test I guess cos if you're like me there will be poor focus for an hour or two. Good luck with the stingy bit.
Hugs,
Annie x #19

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Chris, I think we've pretty much all discovered we've been dumped with WV! Di's fix in my comments works though, as you say, so does ignoring it! Hope the eye test goes well, my Mum has to have it regularly too, being diabetic. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #11 xxx

Unknown said...

Your desk is looking clean! Have a good week. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #56

Helen said...

Great desk, and glad you enjoyed the film last week - it is one I'd like to see. Hope the trip to the optician was ok and your eyes have stopped stinging. Helen 8

Redanne said...

Lovely to see you back Chris - your desk is looking pretty clean and tidy to me. Hope the eye test was OK. Hugs, Anne xx

Chrysalis said...

The desk looks lovely and ready, poised for action. Hope the test goes well - taking Mum on Monday for hers. Welcome back to WOYWW - great to have you back. Enjoy a crafty week, Chris # 13

Anne said...

A desk ready for action :-) Hope eyes didn't sting too much. I didn't make it on last week have had so much to do and been up and down the country visiting mum down south and son and family up in Yorkshire. Happy WOYWW Anne x #29

Eliza said...

I like you little box for your Tim Holtz stencils, I have also been struggling with guilt because I couldn't post with out feeling guilty if I didn't return the compliment post. If I have to get over it and suck it up then you do too. LOL I am sure if we don't reply people will understand. Have a wonderful week

Hugs Eliza & Yoda 70
Happy WOYWW

Eliza said...

no numbers of verification code but I am also signed into my wordpress account which helps.

Hugs Eliza

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hope your eye screen goes ok, my hubby has to have that done too and it's weird, he says.....
Love the cards you've made, what a lot of Dec birthdays, eh?
Goad you enjoyed the film. Everyone who's seen it says it's brilliant.
Hugs, LLJ 21 xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorgeous desk Chris. You look and sound busy! Hope the screening went okay.

Best wishes, Gez xx

Neet said...

Hope all went well with the eye test - I had a kidney scan today but no stinging, just cold gel. Love the cards, especially the turquoise one, what a pretty image and lovely delicate colouring.
Hugs, Neet 17 xx

Unknown said...

Always love looking at your desk Chris, so many wonderful goodies and crafty makes going on. I've not been on showing my desk for awhile either, work is such pain when it gets in the way of crafty fun ;) xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am so in awe that your cards are finished. I've been struggling with mine and putting them in my mailbox for the mail person to take away as soon as one is finished. Today, I only managed two. Keeping yours flat was such an inspiration for me.

I haven't played in two months and that's why. If I don't have time to sit by my computer and visit people, I shouldn't play, right? We are on the same wavelength there, at least.

Twiglet said...

Hope the stingy stuff wasn't too bad and that all is well! x Jo