Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 16 December 2014

Dragons Dream tag

This time the letter is 'M' combined with holly at Dragons Dream TIO challenge. I nearly missed this, although I had the idea last week, just haven't had time to play! I didn't want to miss though - I love the challenges set by a brilliant Design Team.

So, my letter M is for Mystery, well mystery parcel actually! Having a birthday close to Christmas usually meant a combined Birthday/Christmas present that would sit around until it could go under the tree! It was so tempting and would have been picked up to test the weight, shaken, and felt for clues several times before Christmas! I never opened them to peek as I quite liked the mystery and I think I only ever guessed once when it was a record player, although I never let on to Mum and Dad!

My tag is parcel shaped as I cut the corners bigger and scored the top part so that it could be bent over.

The holly was stamped twice, first with splodgy ink then re-stamped slightly offset with Archival ink. The 'ribbon' is from an Artemio Christmas set that comes out every year! I added a bit of sparkle with a Sakura pen and highlighted the berries with a Sakura Glaze pen. The background is a very bright Mustard Seed distress ink (anyone around in the 50's will remember how garish wrapping paper used to be!)

I am linking to Dragons Dream TIO 181 The letter 'M' and Holly 

Thanks for looking, Chrisx

4 comments:

Helen said...

Such a clever tag, I love your mystery parcel... poor you having to keep your presents until Christmas...
Thank you for being such a dedicated player with our challenges at TIO this year, they have all been fantastic. Hope you have a very very happy Christmas. xx

Words and Pictures said...

What a clever parcel tag - and oh yes I remember those wrapping paper designs. I think it's probably in reaction to those that I now wrap everything in brown parcel paper and dress it up!!
Alison xx

ElizabethR said...

Very clever I love it, my Mum managed to hide my new bike in her bedroom and I never found it lol. Thank you for sharing with us at the Dragons Dream TIO. Elizabeth xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe how far behind I've gotten since I have been offline. This tag is SO clever. I've never been one to have to peek at my gifts. I've been able to leave packages I got through the mail till Christmas day, too. I admire that you also don't peek. Never saw gaudy 50s wrapping paper, but this is really bright. Love how you made it.