Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 14 May 2014

WOYWW 258 Mid sort out!

I'm just getting some things ready to make a card for a friend so that's what you see on my work desk today. It's not always the way I work and I suspect it won't be long to I'm back to my usual 'go with the flow' style of crafting! These happen to be things I am either putting away or 'found' while I was having a tidy! 

Hubby has agreed to me having another tall cupboard - but I must have a sort out first! Now here's the thing - I show my work desk regularly but you don't see what's behind me - are you ready for this? Just decided to turn around from the computer and take this!!
You can just see my swivel chair that turns my back onto this! Now, in my defence, this is mid sort out - there are empty boxes and bags, magazines to sort out, a mirror that is going to have to go!
What I want to do is get everything(ok, most things) off the floor so that we can put a fold out bed in there too. I promised my granddaughter ages ago that we would be getting a bed in there and she's been asking lately when she can come and sleep in the craft room(I think she may envisage doing some crafting when she wakes up!!)So, I've got to get a shufty on!
I read recently that you should only buy extra storage after you've thrown stuff away so that's what I'm doing! Some stuff is destined for the tip, some for the charity shop and some I will bring with me to give away at the WOYWW crop - only 10 days to go!!

Ooops! That reminds me - if you want to see loads more crafty spaces then follow this link to Julia's Stamping Ground blog!

I hope to visit a few desks this week, not one film appealed to us this week! 
Thanks for looking, Chris

17 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, that's the thing when you're having a clear out....it ALWAYS looks worse before it gets better! I think you're very brave showing us the whole scene :-)
Am really looking forward to meeting you next week, getting excited now!!
Hugs, LLJ 22 xx

Jackie said...

It's nice your grand daughter wants to come and stay and craft
Good luck with the sort out
Jackie 9

Artyjen said...

Good luck with the sort out ;)
xoxo Sioux

sandysewin said...

Hmmmm, hubby's been promising to make me bookshelves, but I've been waiting to reorganize & clear out after I get them. Seems to make sense to only go through stuff once. I'll have to think about that.

Crafting with your granddaughter sounds like a wonderful plan. Some of my nicest memories are crafting with my grandmother.

Happy Woyww,

Sandy #49

Neet said...

So you have been getting your craft room ready for GD and I have been getting the garage ready for some polymer (only when it is nice and warm as no heating). Am cream crackered with all this clearing out. Hope you are well.
Hugs, Neet 13 xx thanks for visiting me (whilst I was clearing out)

Sarah Anderson said...

Sorting craft stuff always seems to take forever! All the best with it!! X x

Lindsay Mason said...

Whew Chris...great to see your photo and not feel quite as disgusted by the similar mess that's in my spare room...also needing a fold out bed! We could be twins! Lol

Annie said...

Good luck with the sorting :-) Would be good to swap ATCs Chris if you're up for it. If so please send me your details.
Hugs,
Annie x

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I am in mid-sort again, largely because I have lost not one but two packs of acrylic paints which I need yesterday. After sorting all my stamps and cataloguing them, Clarity brought out some excellent storage which takes up less space so they are all being sorted again, and their boxes disposed of. It should give me more space. I hope you get all your sorting out done in time. xx Maggie #20

April said...

I could spend my whole life sorting the treasures in my craft room. ;-) But a new piece of furniture is definitely worth a sort out.
April

Chrysalis said...

My craft room and desk are like the Forth Bridge - no sooner than I get sorted than I have to start again. I reckon that's the way it will always be with crafting, eh? A good motto, for sorting before investing in new storage. Wish I'd thought of that before heehee! Have a great week, Chris # 23

famfa said...

A good old tidy up and throw out - there is nothing better. Yes I do aerobics to eat cake - isn't that the rule? Ha ha. Good luck with your sorting. Your granddaughter will love it in there
Famfa 71

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Chris,sorting out seems to be our second hobby, doesn't it? Perhaps you have to be a sorter if you're a crafter,lol. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #29 xx

glitterandglue said...

Hello Chris - sorry to be so late coming around - life, you know?! Great space you have there - and |I'm with everyone else - it has to get bad before it can get really great. Go for it - and enjoy the grand daughter crafting - I love doing things with our wee ones.
Thanks for your comments. Hubby is still battling - but we WILL win one way or another....
Margaret #46

Nicky said...

Funny how to tidy up we all have to make more mess first - but it makes its so rewarding once it done - happy WOYWW - Nicky #30

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm an organizer, and I agree with Jan that it must look the worst right before it's finished. In fact, that's when I realize I'm nearly "there." I also know it helps to have a master plan when organizing a room, AND although all your craft supplies might have found a good home, once you8 bring more into the mix, you must keep up with it, or it will balloon out of control again.

Thanks for the earlier visit. I'm having some computer issues, so I apologize for being so late visiting this week. Happy very belated WOYWW from #1.

Words and Pictures said...

Jeepers - looks like you've got your hands full there... but yes, it's always darkest before the dawn - that stage when it feels like you should never have started and the chaos seems impossible - but there is light at the end of the tunnel. And won't your granddaughter love it when she can sleep in amongst the craft stuff!
Alison xx