Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 1 February 2014

February calendar page

I bet you thought I'd forgotten about my 365 calendar journal! Well, I did forget to show you January's page but it will be underneath my new February page!
First here is February all ready to fill in
I put a selection of inks onto my mat - Frayed Burlap, Peacock Feathers and Weathered Wood, spritzed with water then ran the pages across - I then dipped a screwed up tissue in more Frayed Burlap and dabbed onto the still wet page. I used the same colours to stamp images from the Tim Holtz SA set Attic Treasures very randomly over a piece of copy paper to use as my journal squares. The tree was drawn freehand onto the back of a patterned paper and then cut out and I used some little birds from a Papermania set to balance on the tree. Some grasses around the base finished it off.
 The quote came from a little book of K and co velum quotes that I 'found' while having a tidy last week!
Just to prove that I have filled in January's here it is
 Quite a lot of dabbing with a makeup sponge and stencilling were the base for this.
Now just a little look at what I saw from my window this afternoon as I was about to do this post - I had been watching the crows seemingly having fun flying around in the wind when they all landed in the big tree across the road! 
Haven't I seen a stamp like this?
I will be linking this to Kate Cranes blog The Kathrynwheel

Thanks for looking, Chris

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris both your pages are gorgeous. Love your Tree.. xxxx

Juliz Design Post said...

This is really cool, what a fab idea.

Julie

patcrafts said...

Love the muted colours of February and the way you did it, cool tree too. Finished mine last Monday but not had time to blog it will do it now. Spent a lovely day at AFTH yesterday so have something to blog from there too. xx

Julie Lee said...

What lovely journal pages! I love your crows on the tree too! Julie Ann xx

Diane said...

What a lovely journal Chris, and that is a lot of crows in that tree picture.

Hugs diane

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely love the colour combination for February - it's so delicate and beautiful...
Alison xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, Chris. I love that you showed how you made your lovely February page, and your January page looks really like how cold it was here in my part of the world in January. Very nicely done on both counts. BTW, that was a great quote you found during your "tidying" time.

craftytrog said...

These are wonderful pages Chris! I love February's delicate background.
Alison x