Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 21 September 2013

Bargain trunk!

Thank Goodness for rainy days - well sometimes at least! Following my bargain hunt the other day I really was keen to play! Fortunately the rain that was forecast did arrive - big time, and I was able to get moving! Well, eventually - I have had a bit of a re-arrangement of my supplies up here at the caravan! I also had to admit that some of the stuff I brought up had only been brought up because I wasn't using it at home - it will never be used so I now have a bag of bits and pieces for the charity shop. Okay, give me a week and I'll be wishing I hadn't done it!!!
So, first bargain - the little trunk,(here)which I think will eventually become a pin cushion holder(not sure yet)

 As usual I forgot to take photos as I first painted it in a mixture of bronze and pearl white acrylic paint, then stamped it using Caramel (Adirondack Earthtones)with (TH) Attic treasures stamps.
Yesterday there was a slight improvement weatherwise so we went out for lunch and a visit to Leighton Hall(a lovely mansion  house not far away), enjoyed a tour around the house, entertained by an expert and amusing guide and then on to the lawn for a flying display of hawks - a lovely afternoon!


When I came back I set to making the corners from a new decorative circle die I have(more of that another time) However, the light beat me and I had to wait until today to take photographs. So what happened? We had a mist all morning and it was quite dark and didn't really brighten up when the mist lifted so I took a leaf out of some other folk I've seen who photograph outdoors - brilliant idea!
So,onto the bench on the decking - behind the two photos above is the Rowan tree that produces orange berries(they never go red and the birds don't seem to like them sadly)
Then round the back of the caravan my favourite spot - the rockery - so here are two more views.

 I must say I really did have fun making this and have decided to enter it in 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge-Stamping on anything  but plain paper 

Thanks for looking, Chris

6 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful box! Love the cool corners you put together with your die cut pieces. Beautiful stamping! Your afternoon sounded lovely and a flying hawk display sounds so interesting. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Sarah Anderson said...

Fab box Chris! Very lovely :)

Words and Pictures said...

Just lovely, Chris... the shabby chic paint effect, and that glorious stamping are perfect for this little vintage trunk. And so clever what you've done with the circles to create corners - my brain hurts just thinking about that! Brilliant make... And I'm glad you've had the right balance of rain and sunshine to keep you crafting as well as outdoors. Love the rockery as a setting for the photos too...
Alison x

Artyjen said...

Love those corners...look fab ;) And the outdoor photo's are very atmospheric too.
xoxo Sioux

Monique said...

What a gorgeous trunk, Love the corners.
xx Monique

Candy C said...

Very neat little chest. Love the shabby look you've done to it. The random stamping look amazing all over it! :) Beautiful job and it will be a lovely pin cushion! Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. <3 Candy