Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 6 March 2013

WOYWW 196

I've been having another re-arrangement of my stash this week after a trip to Dunelm Mill ended up with not just the sheet we went for but some new clear drawers! They fit nicely under my table and will replace my tall set so that we can put a folding bed in their place.





As you can see there are two empty drawers in the small set and four full drawers in the tall set -err a lot of throwing out to be done methinks!!
Now.the reason for me telling you all this is because the time has come to show What's On My Work Desk(number 196 that is)and all because the Queen of desks actually encourages snooping on this day(Wednesday)so..here we are Mrs Dunnit(Check out Julia's blog at the Stamping Ground - you won't be disappointed - especially if you join in by following the link)
Not much crafting been done on my desk this week - I have a few journal pages that I've been working on(but not on my desk)

The two knight stamps are still there - untouched, there's a tag I started(and two more waiting with a blank card!)To the right a pile of postcards from various places - but not pictures of places - just nice ones that caught my eye - might make a little book with some of them! There's a pile of pretty ribbon that I bought at the Manchester craft show that are going to be used for something for my granddaughter. Oh!the ironing jug? Rita came and did my ironing while I went to see a weird and wonderful exhibition of Raqib Shaw's work at the Manchester Art Gallery(and had lunch out with my youngest son)
Okay, stop shouting at me - I'll tell you - the stamps waiting to be opened and used are some of Lindsay Mason's new Doo Lally Pip range. I went to see Lindsay demonstrate them at High Legh at the weekend - I still want need more! They are all brilliant….look!

My granddaughter chose two and I chose the other two - I did have some photos to show but they are on my phone and seemed to be taking an age to transfer so I gave up - if you want to see her and Lindsay look here. You will also get to see some of Lindsay's fabulous samples.
Right!, off to continue with that sorting - we are hoping to get away this week! I'll try and visit you when I can! Chris

22 comments:

Jaki Morris said...

Golly, I thought I had a lot of drawers!

Enjoy riffling through them

Jakix #85

Elizabeth said...

Hello Chris, recently visited a new branch of Dunelm Mill in Kilmarnock and was impressed by some of the lovely storage solutions - will be going back again some time. It looks as though you are going to be busy sorting through everything for quite some time. Oh, and I'm so envious that you have Rita who irons for you ... I wish :) Look forward to seeing what you make with those stamps. Have a happy WOYWW, Elizabeth x #26

Zue said...

Such a good idea to make a book with all your postcards. The National Trust have some lovely ones. Look forward to seeing your postcard book:) when it's finished.
You could buy two of each and alter one of them. Altering is fun, yes?
xx
Have a great day....love the see-through drawers.
Sue x

Zue said...

I looked up Shaw's work. So interesting!
A bit manic, but so very different. Good to explore different perspectives.
xx

Deb's Pen Pot said...

Fab idea to make a postcard book - I collect postcards to use as bookmarks, but might have to have a sort through now! Lush stamps, especially the owls. Have a fab WOYWW, Deb #100

Annie said...

Good luck with the sorting. Love the new storage.
Hugs,
A x # 44

Heathers Inspiration said...

Love your new storage and stamps :0)
Some Lovely projects to do.
Happy WOYWW Heather #59

Gibby Frogett said...

Happy WOYWW love your storage and especially love your fabulous new stamps - they look so much fun. have a good week..Gill x #45

Winnie said...

Looks like great storage you have there! I love the idea of spending time at a gallery and lunching with someone dear! How fun! I have never seen those brands of stamps you have on your desk. They look fun! I am off to check them out! Enjoy your time away! Winnie#78

ria gall said...

your new storage looks great how quickly we fill them. Your desk is looking nice and busy with lots of inspirtation going on, nice new stamps
Have a great WOYWW thank you for sharing your workspace today
Ria #39

famfa said...

I have lots of those drawers and can easily fill them. Desk looks great this week. Have a lovely time wherever you go
Famfa 105

Unknown said...

Hi Chris, I was looking for those stamps online, but not been successful yet, and i said I wasn't buying anymore stamps! Enjoy the rest of your day.
Carol.x

Anonymous said...

You're supposed to move up in terms of crafty stash, not down lol, although you've already added more to the stash with the new stamps.

Hugs
Brenda 104

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh me oh my..new and unused stamps and yet you already NEED more...that's a sure sign. You've got it bad. And you have the drawer problem too...that makes me smile, have so been there!!

Erika said...

Enjoy your new stamps Chris, have fun playing with them. Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday and thanks for sharing, hugs Erika.

Neet said...

Nice tidying - will you really throw out?

Think we are having Lindsay at our club later in the year so should be good. Enjoy your new stamps.

Sorry I am late - been on a short break away. Hugs, Neet 36 xx

Caro said...

I had to laugh at the drawer problem...I can so relate to that. Fortunately I have a 5 year old crafter who claims all my unused and unwanted stash...sadly it means it is still in the house though! Thanks for sharing. Happy belated WOYWW. Caro #56

Anne said...

Hi Chris. Great new storage and new stamps to play with - what more can a girl ask for! I have been reorganising all mine since before Christmas still not finished :-) Sorry I am so late paying you a return visit. Anne x @ 65

Twiglet said...

Thanks for a lovely snoop - good to see how you organise all your stash! x Jo

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Lots of good stuff there Chris. Followed that link for Raqib Shaw, it looks good I may take a trip to Manchester to see it.
Love the 'Research' page below, it's gorgeous.
Anne x

Lynn Stevens said...

Your post reminds me I so need to get organized more.
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip.
have fun playing with your new stamps
Hugs Lynn

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely busy looking desk, and I look forward to seeing those stamps in action... Good luck with the drawer reduction!!
Alison x