Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 15 March 2013

Two Hoots and a box

I've been having connection problems so although I've had time to play I haven't been able to blog or comment on any one's blog either! Hopefully things are back to normal again!
One thing I have been doing is playing with my new Lindsay Mason stamps! I had a tag already embossed with a TH folder so the rest was easy! My new Creative Expressions Tulip Silhouette mask was used at the bottom of the tag to add some greenery. The owl was stamped twice on to book paper and cut out and I curled the wings round a little, 'Two Hoots' also stamped onto book paper and edged with Frayed Burlap DI and I had a lovely little tag!
 All I needed was ribbon and some handmade fibre paper to go along the bottom.
I'm entering this in Hels' Sunday Stamper Challenge - Something New
The box in my post title is a lovely shadow box my son made me for Mothers Day - it represents the scene from my window with the artistic licence of the woodpecker on the tree - he comes to help himself to the nuts in the feeder usually!
It has four layers and it's made me very happy and proud - especially as he is a single parent and must have struggled to find time to make this!
Thanks for looking, hope to be back soon, Chris

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning Chris, great tag, good luck. Your shadow box is beautiful, what a clever loving son you have.
Carol.x

Hels Sheridan said...

aw, you have a talented lad there Chris... that is FAB... LOVEING your tag, I loves Owls :O) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Zue said...

I love both of your Hoots. The shadow box is hauntingly beautiful
Xxx

Words and Pictures said...

The tag is lovely - the owls look great against the woodgrain (have a similar tag base sitting on my desk right now!), and the card your son made is just wonderful - yay him!! Bit behind on my visiting, but looking forward to some catching up...
Alison x

patcrafts said...

Love your tag I adore Owls they are so cute. Your shadow box is fantastic what a wonderful son you have it makes me feel quite emotional. Pat xx