Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 1 September 2011

What a Day!

I was lucky enough to attend Kate Cranes workshop at Art from the Heart in Harrogate on Saturday. Up early(no problem - I was sooooo excited) and off to pick Sarah up. I was surprised that the journey didn't take as long as I thought it would, so time for a quick look round first - if you've been yourself you will know that there is so much to take in!
Then the workshop, it was great to find that there were so many people that I knew, Gez and Sheila who got me into this blogging malarkey, Elaine and her mum Kath, Pat who I met last year in Manchester. It was also nice to meet others from blogland and put a face to the name so to speak, namely Flutterbycrafter and gotpaintinmyhair


Kate is a fabulous teacher and after gessoing some pages I got to use the Dylusions paint, I wish I had bought this before now it is f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s!!! 
We added texture by using more gesso and stencils,and Kate had prepared a little bag which contained(among other things) the Stampotique image and some acetate with the bee on it which we then cut the wings off to go behind the image.The text stamp is one of Dyans. I just had to use a quote from 'Miranda' to go with this as I was really having a ball!!
The second page was started by Kate giving us all a rub-on to inspire us, mine was a world and led me to this.

We also had the excitement of Sheila's birthday with choccies and cake!!
Sheila getting ready to blow out her candles

The day ended far too quickly, but not before I had a little wander around the shop to select some goodies before the long drive home(thanks Sarah he!he!)
Thanks to Kate and everyone else for a fantastic day and BAGS of inspiration!
Chris

3 comments:

patcrafts said...

Two great pages with wonderful backgrounds. It was good to see you again and have a chat I hope to see you there again some day. Have a lovely day at the show this weekend we wont be there as it is the Stitching show at Harrogate on Sunday and tomorrow I am out all day at one of our play days so better stay home on Saturday or hubby will be feeling neglected again. xx

Sarah Anderson said...

I'll see you again this Saturday hopefully! Thanks so much for driving, that class was a real treat and great to go with such a good friend :)

thekathrynwheel said...

hey Chris, it was absolutely great to meet you in real life - I was so happy that you were at the workshop. Enjoyed our chinwag afterwards too :-) Your finished pages look gorgeous x