Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 8 October 2024

T Stands For Travelling!

 Hi everyone, I don't seem to be getting here very often these days, I actually wrote half my post the other week then sat down for a drink and fell asleep! 

I know this is a familiar statement but....... they still haven't got my medication right. Being unable to get much exercise didn't help, when I had my foot in a fracture boot for six weeks but as many of you know this has been going on far too long, if only I could have carried on with what I was on two years ago when sadly it became unavailable!

We have been away recently to Devon in the SouthWest of England.

We realised that we had never actually stopped there although we used to drive through this county regularly to get to Cornwall. We rented a lovely cottage - way out in the country. The only down side to that was driving up quite a long pot holed and bumpy road to reach it.



We were able to meet up with my two nieces who live fairly close to each other and weren't too far a way to arrange a lunch together.

We went out most days and were pleased to visit Exeter Cathedral.


 
We were told that this clock was the inspiration for the Nursery Rhyme 'Hickory Hickory Dock'

The ceiling bosses were really beautiful






I could finish here, but on the way home we took a detour to Wells Cathedral in Somerset. The motorway was closed because it was flooded so we would have to come off any way so why not take advantage! By the time we left the motorway was open again.

Wells Cathedral was equally magnificent but only partially open (we may have to go back again!)








I hope you enjoyed seeing these two great medieval buildings.

I will try to get back to show you some fabulous gardens soon too.
Here is my ticket to T Stands For Tuesday over at Bleaubeard and Elizabeth's blog The Altered Book Lover.
We went to The Ivy restaurant in Exeter - our drinks were Tonic water and I had the most amazing vegetarian curried veg to eat (forgotten what hubby had)
When I went to the toilet I was surprised to find this - another lady and I spent some time taking photos!!!





Thanks for looking, Chris

No comments: