Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 7 May 2024

T Stands for the update!

 Hi everyone, long time, no see! I really don't know where the time has gone - it seems like only last week I turned the calendar over to March!

Speaking of calendars here is my calendar for the coming month.

It includes a Spike Milligan poem which my boys used to love and I am entering it for Erika and Valerie's 'Poetry' theme at Art Journal Journey


You may notice that some of my squares are missing - yes, we are off to France again! I will be taking the squares with me to fill in while we are away - as well as making a travel journal!

Here are last month's pages if you are interested. I have started new meds which at the moment are making very little difference - the dose doubles while we are away so hope there are no fireworks!!!We have both had quite a few things to deal with during April.

This morning on our way to shop we called in to Tatton Park for walk in the sunshine.

This amazing Wisteria wall is right by the garden entrance

It is so calm in this tropical house and I had it to my self after the lady who encouraged me to take a selfie, as she had just done, had left.

Outside was this display...and...
..... one of the many Shaun The Sheep figures that are all around the garden.
Hubby trying to keep out of the sun!

Another Shaun with a lovely scene on his side

A beautiful Viola display in front of the Mansion.


Another Shaun!
At this point I heard lots of bird song and decided to use a new App on my phone  - Merlin - that identifies and picks out different bird songs

The handkerchief tree is in full bloom - waving it's hankies in the gentle breeze

It's a real beauty

A quick long distance look at the Chinese garden

A last look at the Wisteria and it was time to shop.

Now, I am also here to share my drink, but as I forgot to take a photo of today's drink here is the Americano I had on Saturday at Petit Delice in Wilsmlow, which I am sharing with the folk who share their drinks too, over at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's The Altered Book Lover blog for T Stands For Tuesday

Hubby had an Americano too, with a Pistachio Croissant while had a plain croissant with butter and a little jam.
As you can see I managed a little bit of Coffeeshop journaling too!

I may not be able to post next week but will try to join you at least once from France.

Thanks for looking, Chris









9 comments:

Cloudia said...

What a beautiful post! Chris. I sure hope your medication works out for you. Best wishes and aloha

Rita said...

What a beautiful area. Love the Shaun the Sheep statues! I chuckled as soon as I saw the first one.
I hope they can get your meds straightened out. Enjoy your trip!! :)

Valerie-Jael said...

You had a wonderful walk again! Thanks for linking your calendar journal to our challenge at AJJ! Hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

Have a great time in France without worries or concern about the new meds.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Helen said...

Tatton Park is looking amazing - that wisteria wall - WOW! Love all the Shaun the Sheep!
Have a good trip to France if I don't get back here before you go, and I hope the meds are good to you! Helen xx

My name is Erika. said...

I am loving your calendar Chris. The background is pretty, and I like how it isn't as neat in the middle. That really adds a lot of depth. And wow. Those spring blooms are gorgeous. And the lawn is so smooth and lovely. (Mine is rather a mess right now so I'm noticing lawns.) And the sheep are fun. I hope you had a great T day and trip to France too. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

I love going to France with you. Can't wait to see you pictures. Lovely garden and the Shaun the sheep sculptures are so fun. Happy T Day

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to be late visiting, but when my dear friend called in a panic asking for my help, "real" life took precedence over computer life.

Lovely calendar pages. You always put mine to shame. I'm in awe that you are going back to France again soon.

Lovely views of Tatton Park. Spring has truly arrived there. Loved the selfie you took in the tropical house. I suspect that would be my favorite area to visit.

Shaun The Sheep sculptures are fabulous. Loved the ones you found and shared. That's a HUGE bush T is hiding under. Loved the formal viola bed. I'd never HEARD of a handkerchief tree before, much less seen one. How unusual.

What a great way to end the day, even if it is a different one. Having an Americano and a croissant with butter and jam for you and a pistachio croissant for T that you two shared with us for T this week, dear Chris. And even a bit of journaling, too!! Thanks for sharing.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I'm a fan of Wisteria.