Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 3 July 2016

A garden full of memories

I have been quite busy today and feeling a bit flustered so when I sat down for a break I decided to ring my SIL for a catch up! By the time we had finished chatting(for quite a long time) I was feeling really cheery! 
I have been adding to this page for a couple of days in between other things so it was time to finish it!
I had seen Yvonne's brilliant choice of theme at Art Journal Journey and was eager to take part. She has chosen 'In my garden there is' as her theme, you all know how much I love my caravan garden so I expect this won't be my only page!
This page is more about my Grandad and my Dad, both gardeners, having worked on a nursery(they are called garden centres these days!)for most of their lives, although Grandad worked on farms as a young man and remembered the days of hiring fairs.
Both of them served in the army - Grandad in the 1st World War and my Dad in the 2nd World War and seeing programmes recently on TV has made me realise a little of what they must have seen! I am sure that their own gardens were a distraction for them as both men had immaculate gardens! I don't know what they would make of mine with it's wild flowers intermingled with the shrubs! I drew in the bushes with a Stabilo all pen then added brushos and spritzed a bit, The stamps are both from Indigoblu. 

Thanks for looking, Chris

21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Yes, the people who served in those wars really went through hell. Love your journal page with the sweet butterfly, just gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey,hugs, Valerie.
PS lots of peeps loved your pages today!

Meggymay said...

I love your beautiful journal page Chris and thank you, for sharing your personal memories as well. Gardens are a place to escape to I'm sure they found solace and peace in the gardens.
Yvonne xx

Helen said...

Your garden journal page is just gorgeous and a safe haven for your memories of your Dad and Grandad.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous page Chris and a really fitting tribute to your Dad and Grandad. xxx

froebelsternchen said...

What a beautiful page - a wonderful tribute to your Dad and Grandpa!
Thanks a lot for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey!
Happy new week to you!
oxo Susi

chrissie said...

A wonderful page and the memories behind it are special to many of us. It has a feeling of peace and tranquility which sounds just what you need at the moment.

Love Chrissie xx

hazel said...

Beautiful pages and a lovely tribute to your Dad and Grandad.
xxx Hazel.

Pamellia said...

Beautiful page Chris. Loved your story... my Grandad also had the amazing garden and spent so much time attending to it. Lovely memory! hugs :)

Annie said...

Stunning Page Chris xx Love the colours you have used and the flowers are fabulous xx For sure those who took p[art in both wars saw terrible atrocities and I am sure that the enjoyment gained in their gardens assisted them to distract themselves from awful memories. They gave so much and like you I am eternally grateful.

Sending my best wishes
Annie xx

Sue said...

A very pretty page with such gorgeous colour.

Redanne said...

Your page is beautiful Chris - what a lovely combination - butterfly and poppies. I have been watching programmes about the Somme, it certainly makes you think, so many did so much so that we could be free...

I look forward to seeing more of your garden inspired pages! Hugs, Anne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Beautiful garden page Chris. My dad was a gardener too-he grew up on a farm and always loved his hands in the soil, which I think I got from him. Loved your stories and the summer lightness of your page. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Very pretty!!
Nice remembrances of family, too. :)

Little Artbee said...

Very lovely garden scene you painted. I like it very much.
Greetings
Sabine

Juliz Design Post said...

Beautiful Journalling page Chris and a fitting tribute.
Julie x

Brenda Brown said...

Delightful page and a great way to cherish those memories of your dad and grandad xxx

genie said...

This beautiful piece and your words about your Dad and Grandad really pull at the old heartstrings. Its is wonderful. genie

Let's Art Journal said...

A lovely tribute, beautiful in every way :-)

~*~Patty S said...

Your garden page is really lovely Chris ♥ and made all the more special with the precious memories you shared!
oxo

Sandy said...

I have not been so well lately plus my grand kids have been here - busy busy and I have fallen terribly behind.
Gorgeous journal page - you help me realize what I would like to do in an art journal. Absolutely beautiful Chris.
sandy xx

Sandy said...

By the way - I know now why you love to garden so much. I love it when you visit your caravan!
sandy xx