Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 1 February 2016

February…already!

Just a quick post to show you my new calendar journal page.
 I used a combination of Brushos and Inktense blocks to provide a watery base for my random(ish) stamping. I turned the page upside down and let the drips run to provide stems for my Wendy Vecchi leaf stamps - rediscovered while having a tidying session! I used the flower from another WV set along with a Dina Wakley stamp.I doodled some white circles around too! I used a Woodware flower silhouette stamp on my journaling squares and added white dots with a pen to them to carry on the dotty theme!  
Here is how January went - feel free to enlarge if you would like to! 

Thank you all for your good wishes for my surgery tomorrow - I have a scheduled TIOT post tomorrow and one more that I may or may not use…depends on how long it will be till hubby allows me to sit here again!
I will catch up with comments using my phone whenever I can!

I am hoping my February page fits into the challenge at Country View Challenges - Make your Own Background

Thanks for looking, Chris


14 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Love those beautiful jewel colours for February - but I'm still mesmerised by the January trees!

Will be thinking of you tomorrow - and of course you shall have the tag!
Alison xx

Barb said...

Absolutely beautiful Calendar pages Chris. Best wishes for your surgery tomorrow. I hope you'll soon be well and back doing what you enjoy again very soon. Barbxx

Helen said...

both months look fabulous... good luck tomorrow, I am sure it'll be fine, and hope you're home and up and about very soon.

Juliz Design Post said...

I agree with Alison, the trees are mesmerising and your February pages make me feel Spring is around the corner or at least I hope. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow.
Thinking of you. Hugs, Julie x

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful calendar page. Good luck for tomorrow! Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Wonderful calender pages Chris. thinking of you hope all goes well tomorrow.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

First, I want you to know I'll be thinking about you tomorrow as you head to surgery. I'll be pacing the floor until I hear news, hopefully good.

Second, YOU are the one who puts my calendar pages to SHAME. I love both your January and February pages. The trees in the the Jan. entry are stunning, but those flowers are absolutely adorable. You obviously "get it" when it comes to creating your pages, because they are fantastic. I think mine must be because of the size of my calendar. It's too big to split the page in half and too small to do much decorating on the page. Not so with yours, which never ceases to amaze me.

My name is Erika. said...

Your calendars are beautiful. January looks so much like winter and I love the delicate textures and those trees! And I love the deeper colors of February! You use your stamps very well to create a great cohesive page.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, your calendar pages are beautiful. Thinking of you my friend.. I'll be in touch soon. xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Both are fabulous pages Chris, you are so good keeping them up to date. Love the colours and and striking contrast of the black flowers and yes I am sure this fits the CVC backgrounds challenge. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I hope all goes well today, sending you positive thoughts.
hugs Brenda xxx

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful pages Chris!!!

Sandy said...

Love your calendar pages and I remember seeing the one for January - this is something else I want to do so badly I could spit!! Obviously I did not read this post -- so glad everything went well for you sugar!
sandy xx

sarascloset said...

I've been thinking about your surgery outcome, and by the looks of your visits on my blog you are recuperating nicely, but I will have to red on to find out the details. I've really enjoyed your January calendar, and February looks fabulous in blue! It's evident I have a lot of catching up to do with you! You create faster than I can type! Hugs!

WendyK said...

Two fabulous journal pages, especially love the trees on the January one. I hope you are recovery well after your surgery.