Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 19 October 2015

It's Unusual!

Every year I have intentions of starting making my Christmas cards early….but it doesn't happen! Since finding the ABC Christmas Challenge, via Samantha at Penrith Crafts back in September I have quite a few made already as I entered the R and T challenges and made a few extra each time. This time the challenge is 'U is for Unusual Christmas Colours' and they want to see non-traditional colours being used.
I took some of my Christmas stamps away to the caravan over the weekend and although we went out and about a bit I also had some playtime. I also took some of my 'new' Tim Holtz distress inks.
…Ground Espresso and Blueprint Sketch.
The stamps are quite old - the Artemio tree is from a set I use a lot and the swirl is from an Inkadinkadoo set.
I do try to keep my cards flat for posting, but I don't think the thin pads I used will make a great deal of difference to the depth of the card for the post.
I did leave some cards flat and I'm not sure yet whether they will get the same treatment, I also experimented with different colour combination too although slightly more traditional colours.

While I still haven't put anything away I may may even make some more!!!

Thanks for looking, Chris

15 comments:

CraftygasheadZo said...

They are fab! I've not started but then I'm not sending many this year as I'm donating to my fundraising instead. Take care Zo xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful cards, Chris, love the colours. Off to clean the kitchen! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

They look super.. the 3-d trees are a super idea as well!
oxo
Susi

sirkkis said...

Your cards are unique and beautiful. They are lucky who will get them.
Have a great week, Chris ♥

Margik said...

A great card with fabulous trees and a beautiful sky. The colours are lovely too.
Mar xx

chrissie said...

Terrific and unusual cards and a great idea to make more of the same

Love Chrissie xx

Helen said...

I think they look fab, and a really great colour combo - I've just taken delivery of those inks too.

Zue said...

That's a nice and simple design, Chris....I like it. Always good to start early.
Sue xx

Meggymay said...

These cards all look fantastic Chris. I agree with you about having to think of the thickness for posting.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I always LOVE your Christmas cards, and am the proud owner of one from last year. The main thing I love about them is the very reason you give: they are basically flat. I can't believe people who use everything except the kitchen sink on their cards, and then must mail them in special mailers. You come up with adorable cards that, IF I could stamp and color like you, I could make. These are really lovely.

JoZart Designs said...

I left you a phone message... have you changed your number? We will be at Pine Lakes early Nov and hoped we could meet up if you are at the caravan.
Really love this card and especially love your doodle in previous post. It would make a great rubber stamp.
Hope to hear from you,
Jo x

Redanne said...

Oh, my two favourite colours of Distress Ink (at the moment - lol) and you have used them so beautifully, your cards are gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx

Sarah Anderson said...

these are beautiful cards Chris

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Chris, Such a beautiful Christmas card design, love this.
I was thinking the same myself over the weekend. I love to add bits of this and that to my cards but with the cost of posting, I am seriously needing to have a re-think for this year!
Wishes
Lynne

Words and Pictures said...

Well, now there's a Christmas colour palette after my own heart... these are just gorgeous, Chris - that tree stamp is lovely.
Alison xx