Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 11 May 2015

When it's Spring…..

….I won't carry on, but I have song in my head and I don't want to pass it on as it's rather an old fashioned song!! 
I went to Happy Stampers on Saturday and really must say I think it was the best yet! Of course my judgement may be clouded by the lovely folk I went with and also met while there!
Of course I did have a little spend (sshhh! it may not have been that little!)If you visit my desk on Wednesday you may see what I bought!
One of the things though, was a little set of Inkadinkadoo 'Fanciful Flowers' - a real bargain at £5(and even better for everything on the stand being 4 for £10!)
I had a bit of a mop-up on the bottom of a page in my journal and I was determined to have a play with some of my new toys!!
I have had the JOFY stencil for ages but seeing stencils being used on the Paper Artsy stand set me off! I dabbed Fresco paints through them - different shades of turquoise - please don't ask me which - I was on a time limit as we were going out for a picnic yesterday (which was lovely by the way!)
Today I drew around the edge with a watercolour pencil and then my water brush. I stamped on the bigger flowers and coloured them with Distress markers, then added the next largest. I then dabbed some Fresco 'Hyde Park' around the flowers. Didn't like the gap that I'd left so added some more little flowers and used my white Signo pen to colour the petals!
I used part of a stamp from my Sara Nauman Eclectica set ESN09 and a little bit more doodling with my Pitt pen and the Signo pen to add to the watery look! The dots on the stencilled flower were made by using Snowflake Fresco paint with the end of the wooden handle of a paintbrush.
I must confess by being influenced by the samples on some great challenges

I would like to enter the following 
Stamps and Stencils - Three of a Kind 
Our Creative Corner - April Showers Bring May Flowers
Stamping Sensations - Flower Power

Moo-Mania 'Flowers'
Thanks for looking, Chris

20 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

What a gorgeous floral page, Chris - the colours are lovely and I love the polka dot petals! Glad you had a fab time at Happy Stampers and looking forward to seeing your haul.
Alison xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, love the colours, and perhaps you would like to link to Moo Mania and More, flowers!? Hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

and not a tulip in sight.... love the page, the JoFY stencil is gorgeous, isn't it!! Would have loved to have gone to PS again this time, am hoping I might be able to in October. Looking forward to the desk reveal on Wednesday lol

Meggymay said...

A beautiful page, the flowers look gorgeous. Sounds like you had a great time at the Craft Fair.
Yvonne xx

Meggymay said...

Calling back to thank you for joining us at Stamps and Stencils as well.
Yvonne x

Unknown said...

Ooh Chris this is lovely! I think this has to be one of my faves pages so far (partly because blues and greens just sing to me, but those flowers are just so beautiful!! Hugs, Georgie xx

Margik said...

This page is very beautiful, Chris! Love all the flowers. I can't wait to see your desk on Wednesday...
Hugs, Mar

massofhair said...

Hi Chris, good to know you enjoyed Port Sunny and had a little spend!

I passed on your Hug to Lindsay, she said thank you! Really enjoyed her class & have signed up for June 20th workshop.

Like Georgie i adore your colour choices, your page is beautiful:-) xxx

brenda said...

Fab notebook cover and great inking and stamping Chris.

Many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

chrissie said...

This is a wonderful page and so well set out.

Too late about the song I am singing it already :)

Love Chrissie xx

chrissie said...

This is a wonderful page and so well set out.

Too late about the song I am singing it already :)

Love Chrissie xx

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful page, Chris..love it!

Rosie said...

A very lovely page.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

froebelsternchen said...

This is just WONDERFUL Chris!
Thank you very much for linking to Moo Mania & More Challenges!
xxx
Susi

Unknown said...

Hi Chris! Such a lovely art journal page! I completely love the shades of blue that you are using (I promise, I won't ask) :) and those larger flowers look like they are blooming right off your page!! I can see a slight sprinkle of rains drops back there with your doodling and I just love it!! Thank you so much for bringing this wonderful AJ page to my April Showers Bring May Flowers challenge at Our Creative Corner this month :) XOXO-Shari

Viv said...

A lovely art journal page. Great stamping/stencilling/doodling! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

Michele said...

brilliantly bloomingly beautiful flowers! xo

Ruth said...

Such a beautiful journal page, fun and fresh, love the flowers and those gorgeous blues. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
P.S It was so lovely to meet you at Port Sunny Chris, hope to see you again soon. Ruth x

Gerrina said...

I love blue, grungy/watercolour-look and flowers, so you have made a beautiful page with so many great items on it! Thank you for sharing at Stamping Sensations!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous page Chris ! Love the colours and your bargain flowers are fantastic ! Great to meet you at Happy Stampers too ! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Sue C x